Question Asrock Z270m Pro4 and i7-700k problem with RAM modules ?

Apr 3, 2022
Hello All
Well my pc either shuts down either when i shut down normally through windows 10 its doesn't some times come up after i start it. I have observed some times all fans star for a sec and the pc is dead. I took it to service spot and suggested there might be a problem (short circuit) with A1, A2 mem slots.
My pc specs
mobo Asrock z270m pro4
mem RipjawsV By G.Skill 2x8GB KIT DDR4 3200MHz CL16 F4-3200C16D-16GVKB
cpu i7700k
new psu Corsair RM 650x 650W
PC now runs smooth with one module placed at B2 . and i have set frequency to 2400 through bios memory OC
Does anyone know firstly if my modules are compatible with cpu and mobo? (Asrock doesn't have that memory in its list GSkill site on the other hand says that is compatible with asrock z270m pro4)
Secondly what values can i set in bios so as to have both modules and my pc run smooth with out unexpected shutdowns or problem in starting up?

Thanks !!

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What BIOS version are you working with on the motherboard at this moment of time? As for your platform, might want to breadboard the system and inspect the CPU socket for any bent or broken pins. On a side note, are you working with a discrete GPU? What PSU were you on prior to the Corsair RM650X?

Apr 3, 2022
Thanks for the answer
I dont have GPU, BIOS version , is updated to its latest 2.5. as far concerning CPU socket for bent or broken pins service tech inspected that area and only reported for some scratches on the surface area of the CPU that does not affect its operation.

The weird thing is that when having both modules, pc some times after shutting down it wont start , leaving it for some hours then it starts like nothing happened. The other weird is that during operation it suddenly shuts down and then wouldn't power up. Some times it is completely dead like unplugged and some times fans (case, cpu cooler and psu) have a little spin before pc drops dead. Coming back after few hours it starts normally like nothing happened. Totally weird right?? The last 3 days now i'm using only one module of ram placed at B2 and having its freq at 2400 and pc works just fine... i will try to install the other module back on to A2 to see if it starts acting like crazy again. Next test will be using only A2 slot. If it shuts down suddenly then most probably A1 or A2 slots ☹☹ are problematic
I was using COOLERMASTER G550M GM SERIES 550W

Last edited: