ASRock Z370 Killer SLI/AC Networking Failure

Mar 8, 2018
I am building a new rig I have the Killer SLI/AC and the i7 8700.

Installed win 10 64 everything booted perfectly fine. Except there was no network connections registering. I booted back into bios and was able to do a flash update via an Ethernet connection. So I know that the motherboard isn't damaged and that the connection is working.

I used my roommates laptop to download the LAN driver, wireless LAN driver, VGA driver and boot to bios tool. When I installed the WLAN driver it said it was successful but there are still no network connection adapters showing up. When I tried to install the LAN driver it said that no Intel(R) ethernet connection (2) i219-v were found on the computer. Again I went back into my bios looked through the networking/connection tools and there it was.

I'm honestly at a loss and have no idea what else to try. Unless anyone has some ideas I'll be trying to call ASRock support soon.

Solution

The specifications of your motherboard list a vertical M.2 socket for the WiFi module. WiFi is not built into the Z370 chipset, it's added on by ASRock.

* 1 x Vertical M.2 Socket (Key E) with the bundled WiFi-802.11ac module (on the rear I/O)
(for Z370 Killer SLI/ac only)
Mar 8, 2018

There isn't one the only thing that came with the mobo just the SLI adapter. Unless I'm mistaken the wireless is integrated into the board itself already.

The specifications of your motherboard list a vertical M.2 socket for the WiFi module. WiFi is not built into the Z370 chipset, it's added on by ASRock.

* 1 x Vertical M.2 Socket (Key E) with the bundled WiFi-802.11ac module (on the rear I/O)
(for Z370 Killer SLI/ac only)

Solution