Asrock Z370 Killer SLI/ac stuck on CMOS Date/Time Not Set

Nov 24, 2018
My computer that I am building will not get past the CMOS Date/Time Not Set screen on boot. None of the keyboards I plug into my computer do anything on this screen. They are getting power, but nothing registers. All of the parts in this computer are brand new, the parts are,
Asrock Z370 Killer SLI/ac
16GB ddr4 (2*8gb sticks) model number: TLGD416G2666HC15BDC01
i5 8600k
700w power supply
I have tried plugging multiple keyboards into all the different usb ports, including the front io ports, with no luck. I checked to make sure the memory was supported by the motherboard. I tried moving the ram into different slots. I even took apart the whole thing and rebuilt it. I have not yet tried a ps2 keyboard, I will try that on Monday along with a different set of ram. If I take out the memory, it provides beeps indicating an error but with the ram in, nothing, just the CMOS not set screen. Did I receive a bum motherboard or is there something obvious I'm missing? Any help would be much appreciated.
CmosNotSet

take a look at the cmos battery on the mb make sure the vendor installed it right into the battery slot and the writting side on the battery is up. those batterys do have a (+) and a (-) side on them. also take a look at the clear the cmos jumper on your mb. if there two pins to clear the cmos see if there has to be a jumper on so that the mb does not reset the bios. if there has to be a jumper see if the jumper fell off during shipping. if there three pins most times the jumper will be on two pins to run fine and two pins to clear the cmos. on the mb it self look for a bios rev sticker see if you have an old bios. if you do see if putting the newest bios file on a usb stick and also placing a copy of the bios renamed to award or amd bios recovery name see if the mb will post and update itself or see if the mb has usb flashback to update the bios.