asrock z370 killer sli/ac with 8600k and 650w psu, black screen when gpu installed pls help.

jonathan_25

Reputable
Dec 4, 2015
hello, just thought id post here and ask if anyone knows about this or if its a setting/fixable before i return to newegg and have to wait another week or 2 to do things i need done with this pc.

heres my problem, the gpu im using is a evga gtx 660 ti (works fine in other pcs) when i put it in the main pci x16 slot it turns on with fans spinning and light just like a normal pc would. but no display only a black screen.

if i boot without gpu in it, it works flawless. if i put gpu in the pci x8 slot it runs flawless. but i for the life of me cant get it to work at all in the pcie x16 (main) slot no matter how i put it in.

any help would def be awsome. anyways thx in advance.

specs:

i5 8600k
asrock z370 killer sli/ac
2x4gb ddr4 hyperx
250gb sansung ssd
seasonic 650w 80+ gold rated
evga gtx 660 ti
spec 04 case

jonathan_25

Reputable
Dec 4, 2015

hey just saw your reply, would the cpu rly affect only a pcie lane? ive been running the pc play fortnite all night with the 8x slot and had 0 issues. later on tonight ill try and reseat the cpu i guess but doesnt seem like it could be the cpu or the socket. im runing low on thermal paste so i dont want to keep removing and puting on if i dont have too. contacted newegg as well and they are advance rmaing it but still would like to see what might be going on

jonathan_25

Reputable
Dec 4, 2015
seems like that would have to be super random tho, as far as i know its almost always the pc wont boot, i looked at the pins and as of time i installed it they all looked clean, i did do a quick google and found that one other person had to rma this model twice and then stoped with asrock boards because the first pci lane died on him on both.

TRENDING THREADS