asrock z370 killer sli/ac with 8600k and 650w psu, black screen when gpu installed pls help.

jonathan_25

Reputable
Dec 4, 2015
hello, just thought id post here and ask if anyone knows about this or if its a setting/fixable before i return to newegg and have to wait another week or 2 to do things i need done with this pc.

heres my problem, the gpu im using is a evga gtx 660 ti (works fine in other pcs) when i put it in the main pci x16 slot it turns on with fans spinning and light just like a normal pc would. but no display only a black screen.

if i boot without gpu in it, it works flawless. if i put gpu in the pci x8 slot it runs flawless. but i for the life of me cant get it to work at all in the pcie x16 (main) slot no matter how i put it in.

any help would def be awsome. anyways thx in advance.

specs:

i5 8600k
asrock z370 killer sli/ac
2x4gb ddr4 hyperx
250gb sansung ssd
seasonic 650w 80+ gold rated
evga gtx 660 ti
spec 04 case

jonathan_25

Reputable
Dec 4, 2015

hey just saw your reply, would the cpu rly affect only a pcie lane? ive been running the pc play fortnite all night with the 8x slot and had 0 issues. later on tonight ill try and reseat the cpu i guess but doesnt seem like it could be the cpu or the socket. im runing low on thermal paste so i dont want to keep removing and puting on if i dont have too. contacted newegg as well and they are advance rmaing it but still would like to see what might be going on

jonathan_25

Reputable
Dec 4, 2015
seems like that would have to be super random tho, as far as i know its almost always the pc wont boot, i looked at the pins and as of time i installed it they all looked clean, i did do a quick google and found that one other person had to rma this model twice and then stoped with asrock boards because the first pci lane died on him on both.