[SOLVED] Asrock Z370 Pro4- Bus clock and CPU power limit

Oct 22, 2019
Hi, I'm running i7-8700 (non-K) on Asrock Z370 Pro4 and I've just switched 2400 MHz RAM modules for 3000 MHz ones and also upgraded BIOS. Now, I've noticed two things:

a) with 3000 MHz XMP profile enabled, my mobo increased bus speed from 100 MHz to 102, 2 MHz - is this normal and I should I let it be? Or should I change it back to 100 MHz?

b) Seems that the BIOS update lowered automatic turbo power limits (long term boost power limits is now just 65 W TDP - which is non-turbo value for the 8700), so I now experience power throttling when running XTU stress test. With the original BIOS version, turbo was working stable without any issues. Temps were alway OK - around 70 - 75 C under full load. So, it's safe for mobo to set long term power limit to lets say 115 TDP? Or will it blow VRM or something?

Solution
The board was designed for overclocking but like all things that are overclocked and have more power fed to them, they heat up. If you have a good/optimal airflow in your case and across the VRM's you shouldn't be worried.

Lutfij

Titan
The board was designed for overclocking but like all things that are overclocked and have more power fed to them, they heat up. If you have a good/optimal airflow in your case and across the VRM's you shouldn't be worried.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS