Question Asrock z390 taichi compatible with 990 pro ssd?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 14, 2022
I recently bought a 990 pro ssd, but it's not showing up in my mobo's (see title) bios at all. All of my m.2 ports are working with my older m.2 ssd, and i hooked up the 990 pro to an acer predator helios laptop to test and it works absolutely fine. I've got the right settings in my bios as far as i know and it's fully up to date, and pcie 4.0 hardware should be compatible with a pcie 3.0 port so I don't understand why I can't use it.

my cpu is an i7-9700k if that matters.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Can you state what BIOS version your motherboard is on at this moment of time? As for the M.2 slots, what other drives are you working with? Just an FYI, your slots on the board are all rated to run at a max of PCIe 3.0x4 speeds meaning your 990 Pro will be be slower on those slots. You should've gotten the 980(non Pro) or the 970 Evo Plus.

Reactions: the creature
Dec 14, 2022
The bios is on 4.30, the most current version. My other drive is a samsung 850 EVO which has been working great since I got it. It works fine in my other m.2 ports. I am aware the 990 pro would run slower, but I bought it anyway so it would be faster when I inevitably upgrade my rig.

Dec 14, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Can you state what BIOS version your motherboard is on at this moment of time? As for the M.2 slots, what other drives are you working with? Just an FYI, your slots on the board are all rated to run at a max of PCIe 3.0x4 speeds meaning your 990 Pro will be be slower on those slots. You should've gotten the 980(non Pro) or the 970 Evo Plus.

Update, I've tested a different pcie 4.0 nvme ssd (Micron 3400) in my rig and it is detected and usable.

Status
Not open for further replies.