[SOLVED] ASRock Z490 Taichi "advanced memory settings", which to enable, disable or leave on Auto ?

Sep 4, 2021
Hey all, I finished OCing my RAM yesterday, and I just saw these settings in my mobo's BIOS. Which ones should I enable, disable, or leave on auto for better performance?

ASRock Timing Optimization
ASRock Second Timing Optimization
Memory Training Mode (This one has a Cometlake legacy option)
Realtime Memory Training
Reset for MRC Failed
Train on Warm Boot
MRC Fast Boot

Solution
Hey all, I finished OCing my RAM yesterday, and I just saw these settings in my mobo's BIOS. Which ones should I enable, disable, or leave on auto for better performance?

Realtime Memory Training
Reset for MRC Failed
Train on Warm Boot
MRC Fast Boot
you could try to enable all of them except MRC Fast Boot (also disable fast boot on mobo), basically the motherboard could try to optimize the timings on your ram on boot, sometimes it could even lower the timing automatically (as if it failed, it will revert back to xmp /previous settings).

Realtime Memory Training
Reset for MRC Failed
Train on Warm Boot
MRC Fast Boot
you could try to enable all of them except MRC Fast Boot (also disable fast boot on mobo), basically the motherboard could try to optimize the timings on your ram on boot, sometimes it could even lower the timing automatically (as if it failed, it will revert back to xmp /previous settings).

Solution

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador

Realtime Memory Training
Reset for MRC Failed
Train on Warm Boot
MRC Fast Boot
Leave all those alone all you need to do is enable XMP profile.

What memory do you have and how did you overclock it?