Asrock Z68 Extreme 3 Gen 3

_head_shot_

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2011
Hey guys,

I was planning to build a gaming rig at the end of the year and pretty much have got everything sorted. Just curious about the mobo i've chosen. Asrock z68 extreme 3 Gen 3.

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=18137

Will this be suitable for gaming? Im a noob when it comes to computers :whistle: this is my first time building my own rig too :bounce:

Will this cheap but quite effective board with many features including dual x16 slots be all i need for high end gaming? =]

I do not use photo shop, video editing etc. Just gaming and music =]

cheers,

This should be a solid board for gaming. If you are going to overclock you might find other boards that are better able to help you get the best performance like the Intel® Desktop DZ68BC, Asus P8Z68V-Pro or even the MSI Z68A GD65 board but for the price this should work fine. As far as high end gaming that have more to do with video card/s and the processor like the Intel Core™ i5-2500K.

Christian Wood
Intel Enthusiast Team

I've read about so many problems with Asrock's latest motherboards (problems with USB, BIOS, power issues, even dead PCIe x16 slots).

I would go with an Asus or MSI board like what the previous poster stated. They are much more reliable than Asrock.

_head_shot_

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2011
Yes i heard about some issues but it does have a 3 year warranty so it shouldnt really be a problem?

But the Asus and MSi boards cost quite a lot more than the asrock.. Are there any ones for a similar price that you guys know of?

_head_shot_

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2011

That asus and MSI board u listed both cost more than $200 where i live but the asrock is only $139. I am willing to go with a more trusted brand that is known for better quality but it needs to be a bit less pricy :??: Asrock is owned by Asus though so i don't see why it should be bad :(

Latest posts