Review ASRock Z690 Extreme WiFi 6E Review: Best Z690 Under $200?

enorl76

Honorable
Apr 25, 2017
Board looks like a great value.

Although I question... why is anybody in the world in 2022 still putting PS/2 ports on mobo's???

I got rid of last PS/2 keyboard about a decade ago.

Reactions: closs.sebastien

shady28

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2007
I have never been a great fan of ASRock, but the ‘Z690 Extreme’ appears to be a good deal on the surface. With the new 700 MB series arriving in a few months time, I wonder what the prices for the ASRock Extreme will be then at the local Computer Show with no sales tax, cash in hand and dropped across the folding table. $110? I am sure that the ‘Bangladesh Boys’ will have a slew of them and perhaps bundling those with outgoing and discounted DDR4 and a Core i5-12400F of which many are already seen at the show at give-away prices! Perfect for the man on the street seeking a quick-fix and with all the bells and whistles. Indeed the times are right for big discounts and even for me with already eyeing previously used 30-gen GPU’s having flooded by now the tables here!

As far as deals, you can get an EVGA Classified Z690 for $299 from EVGA now if you can fit a EATX. That's like $330 off a normally $629 board.

A little more than $110, but just put that in your sig and you'll get oohs and aahhs.

Indeed, the Z690 Extreme is a great deal under 200$, all around motherboard with solid VRMs as well Wifi 6E, you can't really beat it. Always had good luck with their boards, if I was on the market for a new motherboard, this would definitely be one on my list.