Question AsRock Z690 Phantom Gaming 4 randomly broke after 1 boot.

Dec 6, 2022
Hello guys so last I was upgrading my pc to the new i5 13600kf and when I first completed the build, I booted up normally and even did a benchmark (https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/57048103). After this, I realized that I had forgotten to plug a case fan and so I shut down the pc but I mistakenly pressed restart and the restart was taking a while so I forcibly shut down the pc(stupid I know). When I plugged the fan in and tried to start the pc nothing happened, I looked inside the pc case and saw that when I pressed the power button, the DRAM and CPU debug light would both flash for a millisecond and that's it. I contacted AsRock and they sent me a list of things to test out but to no avail. I rebuilt the pc inside and outside the case multiple times making sure nothing shorted and everything was perfect but it always did the same thing. I soon found out that all my fans and light would work if I did not plug my cpu 8 pin power but the pc wouldn't boot obviously. I have no clue what happened or how to fix this but I am asking you guys as my last attempt and will return the motherboard for replacement tomorrow if I don't find the problem here since I think the motherboard is the issue.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What were your specs to your build prior to the upgrade? What did you upgrade to? As for your build, Userbenchmark will not show the PSU for your build. You're advised to list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU if it's recycled, apart from it's make and model.

Considering you performed an upgrade, we'll be seeing two sets of specs, one for before and one for after(or the Userbench results can stand for the after.

ASK THE COMMUNITY