[SOLVED] ASROCK Z690 Taichi Dr Debug Error Codes

Feb 18, 2022
Anyone familiar with asrock dr. Debug codes?
My motherboard, brand new,, is cycling thru 00, 0F, 7F, never settles on one

View: https://imgur.com/a/aqk5nA7

I had newgg send me a 2nd motherboard and i returned the first as that one was doing the same thing. Chances are 2 motherboards are bad is slim, I would think, so is there something in doing wrong?

Ive taken out all memory to see if it settled on error code 53 but it still cycled, albeit it did have 53 in the cycle

Ive uninstalled and reinstalled the cpu countless times. No pins are bent.

Ive cleared CMOS after each time.

According to this website - https://forum.level1techs.com/t/list-of-dr-debug-bios-codes/114364 - (2017), the error codes are:

00 - not used

0F - microcode not loaded

7F - Reserved for future AMI DXE codes

My Setup:

ASROCK Z690 Taichi MB

Intel 12900KF

Corsair Dominator DDR5

ML360 Illusion AIO

2x asrock radeon 6900 XT

Solution
if codes cycle and never settle, then its RAM issue
you coul try single stick in each slot to determine if some slot is bad
another options would be replacing RAM or CPU
Feb 18, 2022
Thanks for the reply.

I am already in the process of exchanging the CPU.

I have a different model MB arriving tomorrow to give that a shot. I have 4 sticks of 32GB RAM and have tried all of them in every slot. No luck.

Hopefully its not bad RAM as I cant find 2x32GB sticks of Dominator RGB right now.

DainLuke

Honorable
Nov 7, 2015
Thanks for the reply.

I am already in the process of exchanging the CPU.

I have a different model MB arriving tomorrow to give that a shot. I have 4 sticks of 32GB RAM and have tried all of them in every slot. No luck.

Hopefully its not bad RAM as I cant find 2x32GB sticks of Dominator RGB right now.
Did it end up being the RAM? I grabbed a Taichi a few days ago as it was marked down, and while rebooting my training broke. It had been going good for 5 hours or so so I tested each DIMM individually. Low and behold the one DIMM wouldn’t train in either A2 or B2, but the other trained in A2 immediately. I had my RAM sent in for RMA testing.