AsRock Z75 Pro3, overclock I7-3770 non "k"

LTVETTE2

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2010
Hi folks,
I heard that some AsRock boards have the ability to overclock an Intel non "k" chip? I found this board to handle memory OC ok, but have yet to try CPU. Just curious if this is one of those AsRock boards that has the aformentioned locked chip override capability. Then again, it may have been "fake news" ( just be a wise acre :) I do believe the 3770 has a turbo function, but as an enthusiast, always like to try something new. Just got into delidding of a new coffee lake build!!
Thank you for your time, Larry T

Solution
It's not just asrock but all sandy and ivy chipsets that allow cpu ocing which includes z77, z75, z68 and p67 mobos. Non k on these 2 architectures have a limited oc feature (by intel) which allows 400mhz above the turbo speed. This doesn't include the speed increase with bclk ocing.
It's not just asrock but all sandy and ivy chipsets that allow cpu ocing which includes z77, z75, z68 and p67 mobos. Non k on these 2 architectures have a limited oc feature (by intel) which allows 400mhz above the turbo speed. This doesn't include the speed increase with bclk ocing.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS