AsRock z77 pro4 pin help

ultraz

Honorable
Jan 16, 2013
Hello first time builder here, I recently purchased a ASRock z77 pro4 motherboard with a Diablotek EVO CPA-6170 Black 0.6mm SECC ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

My issue is with the motherboard and locating the right pins for the pw power, ps reset and HDLED switches. The manual has been no help because it doesn't tell me which pins i need to connect the switches to. My case manual is no help as well. If any can help me it will be greatly appreciated all I want to do is turn it on and be done with my build.

Zjenep

Honorable
Oct 18, 2012
Does it start if you briefly short the pins for the power switch with a screwdriver?

z77pro4l.jpg

If it does then maybe (the connection with) the power button is broken, or it is not connected correctly.

ultraz

Honorable
Jan 16, 2013

Yes the computer works when i short it together im just trying to figure out where the pins should go where you highlighted is that where i should put the pw power switch?

Zjenep

Honorable
Oct 18, 2012
Yes, that is where you should connect the power button. If it still does not work then you could remove the front panel of the chassis to check the mechanical part. And check the wires for possible fractures.

ponkychonk

Honorable
Jun 13, 2013
Hi Ultraz, I am in the exact same position as you right now, as I am building a pc using this motherboard. Did you end up resolving this problem? My email is 1012522@student.ccgs.wa.edu.au and I would appreciate any info you have on this topic. Thanks heaps, Henry.