Review ASRock Z790 Livemixer Review: Unique and Affordable

RichardtST

Notable
May 17, 2022
"No quick release or latches for M.2 " - This is not a con. I see this as a PRO. I have had a ton of frustration and trouble trying to use custom NVME heatsinks with these annoying "quick, easy" latches. They are usually not compatible with anything but a bare drive.

greenreaper

Honorable
Apr 3, 2018
It's cute, I agree, but not the best features for the price. In the UK you can even get an equivalent feature set with WiFi and a better codec with amplifier on AMD's side with the ASUS AMD Ryzen ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI, though I don't know if that's just because Scan is stuck with a lot of them.

Feb 1, 2023
As pointed out the audio isn't great is an huge understatement . Upon going to their website and downloading the owners manual - the audio for 7.1 is accomplished from using the front and back microphone jack and the front and back line out jacks . You can't have 7.1 sound unless you give up the capability of plugging in your microphone . Which isn't that big of a deal with usb options available but the wiring for sound would look ridiculous and you might run into a bit of trouble separating the mic and line out from the front combination jack . Anyways - it would just look ridiculous - there is a reason for the back panel outputs . Just imagine a stereo system with the speaker connectors on the front of it . It wouldn't be very pretty for sure ... Oh my ! I feel so much dumber right now - Thank you Asrock - LoL !!

Sep 6, 2022
There seems to be WIFI slot in a pic. Is it true? I see that as a plus because I can choose the Wifi device myself. Digital audio output connector is other thing why I like this board. It has SPDIF output so I get extra digital channel to my RME Raydat soundcard. Third thing I like is more USB connections than in any other board( not counting AMD version). They are layed out in nice manner. Fourth goodie is that extra PCI slot for PCIe audio card. I think this LiveMixer looks very good contender for Audio workstation for studio use. Btw: AMD version has not that extra PCIe. For such DAW use I would pair it with air cooled 13600K to keep power controlled and fans quiet. I'm on market for DAW engine and if you have some insider tip for DAW machine I would be happy to hear about it.