Question ASRock z790 RS Pro Wifi (5 beeps if HDMI to mobo and no display but no beeps and display works fine via GPU)

takearushfan82

Honorable
Jun 10, 2017
Hey all. I was trying out the display to my new build and if I plug my HDMI into the RTX 3070 Ti all works fine and displays fine. However, if plugging the monitor into the motherboard's input I get 5 beeps and no display. The mobo is ASRock z790 RS Pro Wifi. The CPU is an Intel Core i9 (12th Gen) i9-12900KS Hexadeca-core (16 Core) 2.50 GHz. Is it possible the integrated graphics need to be enabled? This sucks because I need to fix two of my drives not being detected and now it'll be a nightmare without the basic video output being available. Please help 😞

Normally the integrated graphics is disabled when a discrete GPU is installed. There may be a BIOS setting to have both enabled.

If you want to just use your integrated graphics, physically remove the 3070 from the slot, clear CMOS, and reboot. That should work.

Last edited:

DaleH

Prominent
Mar 24, 2023
Normally the integrated graphics is disabled when a discrete GPU is installed. There may be a BIOS setting to have both enabled.

If you want to just use your integrated graphics, physically remove the 3070 from the slot, clear CMOS, and reboot. That should work.
look up the code for your motherboard. I believe 5 beeps points to the CPU.

TRENDING THREADS