Question Asrock Z87 11ac Extreme - Graphics Card Replacement Needed!

Jun 15, 2022
My GeForce EVGA 750Ti has finally went on my computer. I need to replace it. Everything else on my motherborad is fine. I have a Corsair 1200i Power supply and CPU is fine, along with 32gigs RAM. I need to replace the GPU. I'm looking at the Geforce 3060Ti.

Is the the GeForce 3060Ti compatible?

If not what would you recommend to be problem free?

Jun 15, 2022
ASrock tells me I need a 2nd or 3rd generation CPU. I really don't know what that means. I built this computer, my first in 2014. I want to buy some time, and I thought to buy a newer GPU like the 3060 if I have to rebuilt in 2 years or so... maybe I can use it. Not a gamer, but I always like to buy the close to the best to buy time for rebuilding in the future.

I have a
Intel Core i7-4770K Quad-Core Desktop Processor 3.5 GHZ 8 MB Cache BX80646I74770K
Intel

A Corsair Hydro Series extreme performance CPU Cooler H100i

Jun 15, 2022
So you can actually find better deals on ebay and sites like that for 2nd or 3rd gen CPUs.

A Intel i7-4770K would bottleneck your gpu, so in theory it would be better to upgrade.

If you need help to find some really good ebay listings for this kind of stuff, I'd be more than happy to help you!

Jun 15, 2022
You know what?
I take back my last post, cause you already have a 4th gen cpu, which that motherboard takes. But what I would recommend doing is making sure to go on pcpartpicker.com and seeing if that motherboard is compatible with the 3060 ti, which I saw, is.

Reactions: tmyc7
Jun 15, 2022
I emailed asrock support/as follows.
- I asked if my Z87 Extreme 11a/c can use a rtx 3060ti
ANSWER-
Motherboard does not support the type of video card , your board support 2nd and 3rd generation of CPU and does not support the version GForce 3060ti
ASRock does not have any BIOs update for this models already discontinued
- I asked- OK... So what is the Graphics Card can I buy?
ANSWER- You can buy any support 2nd and 3rd generation of video cards ASRock America Support
-I Asked- I don't know what that means? Do you have a list/ What is 2nd and 3rd generation mean to graphic cards. I want an Nvidia board. Latest if possible. Please give me information. I'm without a computer right now.
Intel Core i7-4770K Quad-Core Desktop Processor 3.5 GHZ 8 MB Cache BX80646I74770K I have corsair liquid coolers also.
ANSWER- Ask the video card seller before you order about if the sell PCIe 2nd or PCIe 3rd generation video cards.

ORIGINALLY I called Nnvidia and tech there told me that the RTX 3060 Ti would work in my asRock motherboard. I just wanted to make sure so I contacted ASROCk. Thats why this started all the confusion. I am not that good at trouble shooting and there isn't anyone that can help me here where I live.

I emailed asrock support/as follows.
- I asked if my Z87 Extreme 11a/c can use a rtx 3060ti
ANSWER-
Motherboard does not support the type of video card , your board support 2nd and 3rd generation of CPU and does not support the version GForce 3060ti
Well - that response is nonsense.
Your motherboard supports 4th gen Intel core cpus. It doesn't support neither 2nd nor 3rd gen.
You can use RTX 3060 ti on your pc just fine.

Reactions: tmyc7