[SOLVED] Asrock Z87 Extreme4 motherboard wont work at all.

May 19, 2020
Alright, let me explain in full detail...

Yesterday, my dad basically gave me one of his old Wacoms. It was a pretty expensive wacom from its time. Cintiq 13.
Since I didnt want it to disturb my current PC, I used my old PC from 2014.

16gb DDR3 1600,
i7 4790,
Gtx 750ti,
650watt psu..
Asrock Z87 Extreme4.

For its time, it was a pretty god tier system. I remembered getting it when I was 13 or 14 back in 2014. I switched my system in 2019, but I still remember that my old PC used to work flawlessly before I changed. Took it out of my drawer (Yes I keep my stuff in a drawer)

Tried to run it, just to see if its working. I pressed the power button and the system seems to be running. It was running for a second, then died. I tried a couple times and the system seems to turn on. The only problem was that it didn't show up any signal on the Wacom. I knew one way was to clean the ram cache. Pulled out 4 sticks and used an eraser. Put it back and it seems ok now. It started, I was glad and things just go on about my day. Next day comes, and it is a painful day.

Basically, "Today" the Pc started having problems. I didn't really did much to it yesterday. Just Upgraded to Win10 and things seem fine at the end. Firstly, I turned it on, the PC turned on then off repeatedly. I thought it was like yesterday but it didn't start at all. Opened the case, tried the CMOS battery trick. After pulling out the battery, waiting 30 seconds and putting it back, nothing.
I pressed the power button and no signs of life happen to show up. It has like a power button like built directly into the Motherboard. Tried pressing it and no signs of life at all. Tried to find some solutions on Google but most of them came out useless. I tried switching power supplies, trying different DDR3 ram and replacing the CMOS battery. Even tried the GPU on another working system. I'm confused and a bit pissed.

I had a pretty bad day, troubleshooting it for hours with a lack of sleep. Started from morning to evening. I knew there was some sort of solution in Tom's Hardware. I know you can.

TRENDING THREADS