Asrock z87 extreme6 error 53

AoBox

Reputable
May 22, 2014
Hello,

so I want to increase the ram amount in my pc currently its 8 GB with 2 sticks of 4 GB ddr3 1600mhz corsair ram and its working fine, I want to add 2 more sticks of 8 GB ram corsair ddr3 1600mhz but each time I add them I get error code 53, first the motherboard gives me code 10, followed by 15, then its permenant code 53. What am I supposed to do in this case? the ram is "CMV8GX3M1A1600C11" i'm pretty sure that my motherboard can hold up to 32 gb of ram so thats not an issue im clueless and would appreciate any help, thank you for your time in advance.

error code 53 means that no use able memory is found even tho when I remove the two 8gb sticks my computer boots fine.

Solution
'' The only thing you have to ENABLE in the bios as far as I know is the the XMP profile for the RAM

so wrong that work well if you bought a ''factory matched and tested KIT'' not when you mix individual sticks or kits as your now seeing . the way I read in to what you say is your using 2x4gb and your trying to add 2x8 sticks to it ?? come on

you may need to find any settings that all memories will work together manually set the memories timings and all could be anything as far down as 1333 and some crazy timings just like if you were trying to overclock them but instead of shooting for speed your now shooting for any stability you can find

what you need is a guy here at toms ''tradesman1'' he...
mixing memory is never a good idea . it can work but then they may not play well together this is why you should buy your memory in full factory matched and tested kits

even if the same brand part number and all they still may not be the same ic's used and then a issue like your finding may occur.

you may try to fine tune the bios manually to find a setting all the mixed sticks can run on , but ?....

AoBox

Reputable
May 22, 2014

I tried booting just from the new sticks they are working fine but when I tried to boot from all the sticks together again it failed, I never overclocked so there is nothing to change I guess, but do I need to change anything in the bios inorder to be able to use all the 4 slots together?

AoBox

Reputable
May 22, 2014

What am I supposed to change in the bios?

notlim981

Distinguished

The only thing you have to ENABLE in the bios as far as I know is the the XMP profile for the RAM. However reading your post thoroughly and as already pointed out, mixing sizes is probably the reason why you can't get it to work. You should either stick with 16GB which is more than fine for games and whatnot or go with 32gb using preferably all sticks from the same brand and same model/timings/voltages. Good luck.

'' The only thing you have to ENABLE in the bios as far as I know is the the XMP profile for the RAM

so wrong that work well if you bought a ''factory matched and tested KIT'' not when you mix individual sticks or kits as your now seeing . the way I read in to what you say is your using 2x4gb and your trying to add 2x8 sticks to it ?? come on

you may need to find any settings that all memories will work together manually set the memories timings and all could be anything as far down as 1333 and some crazy timings just like if you were trying to overclock them but instead of shooting for speed your now shooting for any stability you can find

what you need is a guy here at toms ''tradesman1'' he would give you the better help on this

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-3245152/dh77eb-motherboard-4gb-corsair-ram-frequency-working.html

use that link and send him a private message on this or to look here and help hes a good guy and will try to answer

Solution