News ASRock Z890 Taichi Aqua comes with ten USB Type-C ports, two being Thunderbolt ports

TechLurker

Reputable
Feb 6, 2020
Was hoping AsRock would bring the AQUA to AMD too (again), and keep the 10GbE port the X570 had (or upgrade it to a better controller). Just for less than the previous AQUA (which was 1k USD and limited to 500 boards).

cyrusfox

Distinguished
more than 4 usb-c is overkill for my uses, and if the port is no faster than the full size usb-a ports, my preference is to keep them bigger, you can likewise us an A to C adapter and on a desktop 90% of what I connect is still with an "A" cable.

foxrox

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
www.youtube.com
And, they probably think having no USB Type-A port is something they should be proud of.
Only, Type-C? Throw out all of your Type-A USB devices? Or, use an adapter for everything?
So, that is the solution? Hmmmm...
b2c4H1a.gif
As we know...
bUKWbd0.gifDxcwER8.gif

t3t4

Proper
Sep 5, 2023
And, they probably think having no USB Type-A port is something they should be proud of.
Only, Type-C? Throw out all of your Type-A USB devices? Or, use an adapter for everything?
So, that is the solution? Hmmmm...

While you are of coarse welcome to your opinion, I for one am looking forward to the day when USB-C is the only USB connection on the planet! It would cost them nothing to include 10 type (C) to (A) adapters with the board. It would cost you about $10 to buy 10 of your own.