ASRock z97 Extreme 4, Dr.Debug #53, Need Help! Also Monitor no signal.

jgabriel4

Reputable
Apr 25, 2014
I keep getting #53 on the debug every time I turn on my PC i'm building. It's says in the manual that I need to fix either the RAM or the Processor then reset the CMOS, but I adjusted and replaced (remove then place back) them both over 3 times and still get the 53. I also press the reset CMOS button on the motherboard, but I don't know if it even works or if it IS working/resets it. My PC can turn on, all the fans work, but I CAN'T SEE ANYTHING on the monitor at all. After 1-3 minutes, the PC turns off itself, then turns right back on, and repeat. Anyone know what's wrong or is my processor or RAM just broken?

Here are the parts for the PC i'm building: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/zFrLFT

EDIT: I read here (http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-steps-posting-post-boot-video-problems) that if I have the 12v ATX plugged in, then I SHOULDN'T have the 24-pin connector in. I did what it says and removed the 24-pin, BUT NOW my PC WON'T TURN ON AT ALL. I'm using the EVGA 600w Bronze Power Supply, and I don't see a 8-pin for the 12v ATX slot BUT I'm used two 4-pins that has CPU written on them. The power supply says it's 12v ATX confirmed. Please help on this problem also.

Godto

Reputable
Jul 17, 2014
try 1 ram only ... 1 ram should get you to Bios .. and different slot too ... and if the ram ok then maybe your CPU.. but i think the ram is bad

also was everything work before or this the first time you turn on after build ??? it help to know more info ...
also was it bad because of OC ?

jgabriel4

Reputable
Apr 25, 2014

RAM is fine. Pretty sure it's the CPU. Just looked and saw that 1-4 pins are bent in the CPU Socket.

jgabriel4

Reputable
Apr 25, 2014

Bought the Motherboard at Micro Center 3 days ago. They have a 15 day return policy and apparently they also give me a 1 year warranty with the manufacturer (ASRock). Will be going there tomorrow to see if I can return for a replacement, if not, will send to the manufacture. Just in case even the warranty won't cover it, any recommendations for things I can use to help fix the socket pins?

Godto

Reputable
Jul 17, 2014
well the cost of shipping .. but call them .. just said it defective on arrival ... some time they won't charge you for shipping because you just want exchange.

jgabriel4

Reputable
Apr 25, 2014
Got a free exchange from Micro Center, just in case exchanged the i5 also. Still get the 53 error from Dr.Debug and still can't see anything on my monitor. I doubt I bent the pins this time since I did it perfectly as instructed, unless the pins ALWAYS have a chance of bending. I assume it's the RAM now. This is the RAM I got: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231625&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

Is it not compatible? Can I return it for an exchange or refund if it's not compatible?

Also, why can't I see anything on the monitor still?

jgabriel4

Reputable
Apr 25, 2014
Here's some pictures of the parts that may have problems: http://imgur.com/a/Pino6/all

I'm just about over this crap already. As someone who uses his computer for over 6 hours a day, going 4 days without my PC now has been a killer bore. Micro Center offers to build the PC for me but it costs $100 which I REALLY don't want to spend that seeing how I pretty much blew $1000 on my PC. Anyone know somewhere else where I can bring my PC and they'll build it for me for cheaper?

jgabriel4

Reputable
Apr 25, 2014

Here's the exact build and monitor I'm testing it on (using DVI-D monitor cables): http://pcpartpicker.com/p/zFrLFT

Only thing that's not shown in my CD read and 2 hard drives.

Also I can't download any programs. Borrowing my brother's laptop just to get help.

jgabriel4

Reputable
Apr 25, 2014
Now it won't start up at ALL. When I turn the power supply on, one of the many fans lights up and spins for a second, then nothing. Triple checked the motherboard to see if everythings in place and it is. Only difference is I switched my graphics card from the PCIe x8 slot to the x16 slot, since the x8 was if I was going to use SLI. Aside from that change, everything is the same but now my PC won't even turn on for a second.

jgabriel4

Reputable
Apr 25, 2014
I got it to start up again by putting the bare minimum. Just the power supply, case power switch, monitor cable.

I tried ALL 4 RAM slots and tried it with 1 ram stick on all 4 with both and I still get debug error 53. I reset the CMOS many times now by pressing the switch and moving the jumper. I'm seriously irritated at this point seeing how it's the same error over and over again, and I plugged everything where it should go, yet I still can't get a monitor signal and the PC reboots after a few seconds. I KNOW ABOUT THOSE DAMN STEPS for the "no post/video won't show" forum post, but IT STILL WON'T WORK. They say if you use the ATX12v then you DON'T plug in the 24-pin BUT IF I DON'T then the PC won't start AT ALL, and vice-versa.

Is it okay if I don't use ANY standoffs? The case seems to be a bit damaged or the standoffs because 2 areas won't screw into the standoffs and 1 standoff gets stuck to the motherboard when screwed in.

Akrapovic

Reputable
Mar 6, 2015
I dig up this post cause I have same problem ! I bought Z97 extreme4 with G3258 Anniversary and Gskill 8Gb 2133MHz ( F3-17000CL9D-8GBXM ) .
At first time it boot up to bios and all seems ok, but after online Bios update to v1.50 things got worst. After that I cant boot to bios and error 53 appears!
I read all posts about that error 53 and checked everything 3 times but no it wont boot again.
What was the solution to that problem or is any solution at all?
I am afraid that mobo is the problem.

Rhys Williams117

Reputable
Apr 1, 2015

Ive so many issues with this mother board. first one was working fine for a month, then i went to upgrade my gpu and nothing would work, the motherboard completely died as in this post

http://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/2jrt1b/psarequest_possible_reoccurring_problem_with_the/

THEN i got a replacement, all was working fine for 1 day.

I realise it as only picking up 4 gig rather than my 8gb, so i go to check their seated properly which they are. i then go to upgrade the bios to the latest version.

upgrade is completes and then from here all i get is error code 15 then 53, constantly, i have tried taking every thing out and in again, all in steps tried reseting the bios in all known ways. still the same problem......

this mother board seems to be rubbish going to try and get a refund on my replacement and look for a new board