Question AsRock Z97 Extreme 4 : Kingston SSD not detected sometime

sachinm

Reputable
Apr 28, 2015
Hello,
Need all help.

My Desktop Details
Motherboard AsRock Z97 Extreme 4 BIOS Rev 2.6 - 4pin PSU supply (board has 8pin)
Processor Intel i5-4440
RAM 4*2 DDR3 1600

Disks :

A) WD 1GB Green SATA
B) Seagate 500GB SATA

SSD :

C) Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB

Well i am facing strange issue in 3rd combination.

1. When attached Disk A + C .. SSD Detected
  2. When attached Disk B + C .. SSD Detected
  3. When attached Disk A + B + C .. SSD not detected and booting/going setup takes long time
Please suggest what could be the issue.

Thank You

Last edited:
I have the Extreme z97 6.1 and out of the 10 sata I have, sadly, 2 have failed in it, no matter how I connect all my HD's up.
Maybe just the board has given up.
When I plug into 2 of them, they just seem to not be recognised or stops the other ones being recognised. Took me a while to diagnose because I do run 10 hard drives on that machine

sachinm

Reputable
Apr 28, 2015
My SSD is working fine with only 1 SATA Hdd and SSD. If i attach DVD Writter or one more HDD then SSD Fail to detect or in between fails.

Is this Power Supply issue or any other things which need to be checked.

Thanks

Check out the Intel 660p. I can't believe the 2tb is going for under $200 USD. It's not the best performing SSD on the market, but if you're a gamer, prioritizing capacity for your games over throughput is advisable. Especially since games only read to load into memory with exception to writing the installation process. I'm going with the Adata XPG 8200 Pro for value because i've heard it out performing or comming close to the Samsung 970 evo. I'm going to use that for the system drive and the 2tb 660p for game library or Video editing.