Question ASRock Z97 Extreme4 will not power up

Jan 20, 2020
I have an issue that neither the power switch attached to the header or the on board power switch will power up the mother board. I pulled the mother board power and jumped the 16-17 PS_ON pins and measured the power from the Antec EA-500 power supply and all the voltages are correct that there.

I contacted ASRock and used their trouble shooting suggestions and still nothing lights and the fans do no come on.

After I got a response from ASRock that I needed to replace the motherboard I went through their steps again with the power plug pings 16-17 jumped and was able to get the 3-beeps with nothing connected but power and the memory removed. I installed the memory and tried that as well and got to CMOS. So I went ahead and reconnected everything, all the drives and the system powered up and booted Windows.

My question is as follows: Is this a problem with the power switch on the motherboard or is it more likely and issue with the power supply not processing the power switch polling? I am leaning toward the power supply being the issue but wanted to find out if anyone can explain to me the power on process through the motherboard.

Alan

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS