[SOLVED] ASROCK Z97 Extreme6 Instant Flash Fail

mydogmuppet

Reputable
Jun 4, 2015
A while ago my W10 Pro became irreparably corrupted after W10 updates,. Would not reactivate, could not even be repaired by MS over the internet; MS after the huge expense of online support for 4+ days issued me with a new licence.

I have a new ADATA XPG SX8200 480gb NVMe to install the new MS Windows 10 pro OS .
On my ASROCK z97 Extreme6 motherboard it requires BIOS 2.70 or better for current NVMe drivers.

I am on BIOS 2.30.

I've tried everything but Windows to update the BIOS.

Flash ROM at F6 - fails x4. When I use the Instant Flash utility from the BIOS, it finds the BIOS on the key, I select it. It goes straight into dark screen. Reboot.
Flash from Rufus Bootable DOS via USB - fail x2. It sees the file, when it reboots to commence the Flash routine - nothing happens.
Internet Flash, I am not able to get a connection - MS update corruption. .
I tried the USB2 ports, USB3 ports, my key is in FAT32 format.

Reset CMOS to get machine back.

All bright ideas or alternative flash tools (not windows) welcome.

Thanks

Muppet the Wonder Dog

Solution
have you tried the plain old vanilla installation method, a usb drive wiped a couple times, formatted FAT32, extract the zip file you downloaded, then copy the BIOS file over (renamed per Asus's instructions) and then flash?

no need for rufus to create an iso file
have you tried the plain old vanilla installation method, a usb drive wiped a couple times, formatted FAT32, extract the zip file you downloaded, then copy the BIOS file over (renamed per Asus's instructions) and then flash?

no need for rufus to create an iso file

Solution