Asrock z97 extreme6 vs Asus maximus vii hero vs Asus Z97-Pro(Wi-Fi ac)

vigneshsai20

Honorable
Oct 28, 2013
i'm going to build my first gaming pc or my first PC to be more specific... for CPU i chose Devil's canyon i5-4690k. As for overclocking i don't have full knowledge about it and risk involved in it... so atleast for now i'm not sure whether i'll overclock or not... it depends....
coming to the topic i want to know which MoBo is best among these...
Asrock z97 extreme6 vs Asus maximus vii hero vs Asus Z97-Pro(Wi-Fi ac)
first i chose asrock z97 extreme 6 but in some reviews i came across that there is no boot from bios... what does this mean ?
any other suggestion would be greatly welcomed...
for the GPU my choice would be among one of these gtx 760,770 or 780's... yet to decide

Solution
I recommend the Pro AC, the ROG series tend to be geared towards enthusiast, and while they are great (I have the VI Gene(love it)) they have a lot of additional features your average user maybe with mild overclocks would never use. The Pro AC is all around a good high end board for someone who wants a lot of performance but maybe isn't as experienced of a builder. I stay away from AS Rocks as they tend to have less reliability in my experience, and they are not as easy to configure due to lack of quality it's hard to find what they can handle before crashing.

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum
Of the three I'd go the Hero as 'best' if you Need wireless the Pro would be a good choice, if no real need for wireless and not seriously looking to OC high, save some money and go down to the Z97-A which is also a great mobo, cost less and OCs well, should suit your rig well and will add money back to the budget for upgrades to other components

vigneshsai20

Honorable
Oct 28, 2013
ROG has some exclusive features... like
Extreme Engine Digi+ III :
- 8 + 2 phase power design
- NexFET™ Power Block MOSFET
- 60A Ferrite Chokes
- 10K Black Metallic Capacitors
KeyBot
- CPU Level Up
- XMP
- Direct Key
UEFI BIOS features :
- GPU.DIMM Post
- Tweakers' Paradise
- ROG SSD Secure Erase
- Graphic Card Information Preview
ROG RAMDisk
GameFirst III
Extreme Tweaker

asus pro wifi also has many special features like
5-Way Optimization by Dual Intelligent Processors 5
- Whole system optimization with a single click! 5-Way Optimization tuning key perfectly consolidates TPU, EPU, DIGI+ Power Control, Fan Xpert 3, and Turbo App together, providing better CPU performance, efficient power saving, precise digital power control, whole system cooling and even tailor your own app usages.
ASUS 5X Protection :
- ASUS DIGI+ VRM - 12 Phase digital power design
- ASUS Enhanced DRAM Overcurrent Protection - Short circuit damage prevention
- ASUS ESD Guards - Enhanced ESD protection
- ASUS High-Quality 5K-Hour Solid Capacitors - 2.5x long lifespan with excellent durability
- ASUS Stainless Steel Back I/O - 3x more durable corrosion-resistant coating
ASUS TPU :
- Auto Tuning
- GPU Boost
- TPU switch
ASUS EPU :
- EPU
- EPU switch
ASUS Digital Power Design :
- Industry leading Digital 12 Phase Power Design
- Industry leading Digital 2 Phase DRAM Power Design
- CPU Power Utility
- DRAM Power Utility
ASUS Wi-Fi GO!
- Wi-Fi GO! Function: Cloud GO!, Remote Desktop, Remote Keyboard & Mouse, File Transfer
- Wi-Fi GO! & NFC Remote app for portable smartphone/tablet, supporting iOS 7 & Android 4.0 systems
ASUS Exclusive Features :
- AI Suite 3
- Ai Charger+
- USB Charger+
- Anti-Surge
- ASUS UEFI BIOS EZ Mode featuring friendly graphics user interface
- USB 3.0 Boost
- Disk Unlocker
- Turbo LAN
- Crystal Sound 2
ASUS Quiet Thermal Solution :
- Stylish Fanless Design Heat-sink solution
ASUS EZ DIY :
- Precision Tweaker 2
- ASUS O.C. Tuner
- ASUS CrashFree BIOS 3
- ASUS EZ Flash 2
- ASUS USB BIOS Flashback
- ASUS UEFI BIOS EZ Mode
- Push Notice
ASUS Q-Design :
- ASUS Q-Shield
- ASUS Q-Code
- ASUS Q-LED (CPU, DRAM, VGA, Boot Device LED)
- ASUS Q-Slot
- ASUS Q-DIMM
- ASUS Q-Connector
Special Memory O.C. Design
Overclocking Protection :
- ASUS C.P.R.(CPU Parameter Recall)
Media Streamer
Turbo App
Fan Xpert 3

as this continues with other manufacturers also... are they really useful or some things to show them above from other manufacturers...?

2) supremefx , Realtek ALC1150, creative sound core3d, purity sound 2 etc., do these make any difference?

3) rog has no sata express, thunderbolt, wifi... but still many prefer rog... may i know why? is it just bcoz its a gaming series or do it really make a difference in gaming experience in real world scenario?

4) any mobo suggestions for MSI and Gigabyte ?

PS: from the above questions i may look like an average casual gamer who doesn't really need those extra features... ya i'm new to pc gaming and building aand even pc ... previously i just only had dell inspiron laptop... so this whole pc and pc gaming thing is new for me and sometimes it looks like nightmare and overwhelming when it comes to these jargons and in-depth specs and features... but once i gradually came familiar to these things i want to get the best out of these and a fine tuned experience... but that doesn't mean all the extra features manufacturers throw which don't make that much difference in real world scenario. i hope you guys can understand .
can you guide me through this...

Xibyth

Reputable
Mar 22, 2014
I recommend the Pro AC, the ROG series tend to be geared towards enthusiast, and while they are great (I have the VI Gene(love it)) they have a lot of additional features your average user maybe with mild overclocks would never use. The Pro AC is all around a good high end board for someone who wants a lot of performance but maybe isn't as experienced of a builder. I stay away from AS Rocks as they tend to have less reliability in my experience, and they are not as easy to configure due to lack of quality it's hard to find what they can handle before crashing.

Solution