News  ASRock's Z590 Taichi Has a New Trick: A Gear That Actually Spins

hayroe

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2010
Call me silly, but I think it's cool.
I'm looking at the Asrock Taichi X570 motherboard (if I can ever get my hands on a Ryzen 3 PCU without lining the pockets of a scalper!) and I'd actually buy one with a spinning gear in it if they made one for AMD CPUs.
I guess I like the semi-retro/almost steampunk aesthetic of the Taichi boards, and this takes it to a whole new level to me.

Arbie

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2007
Maybe to get their mobo mentioned in a slow news-day article. I imagine that "value of free hype" figured largely in the feature cost-benefit calculations. Probably a lot more than "additional purchases based on the feature".

RGB was dreamed up because PCs had hit the wall of being plenty good for 99.9% of the applications. So let's make them into a light show too - for performance-focused groups like gamers. This is testing the waters for an additional layer of gadgetry.

Neilbob

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2014
I guess I must be too old for all this malarky, but I find myself sneering at not only this spinning gear thing but also LEDs in general; what, seriously, is the point?

My current PC case has no viewing window because that's what I specifically went looking for, and even if it did, there are no LEDs to gape at with the same glazed expression that might be found on a dead fish.

</cynical_old_codger>

Reactions: Why_Me