Assassin's Creed Black Flag on 75Hz Monitor Tearing Help

Alexinhoow

Commendable
Oct 24, 2016
Hello everyone,
As the title says, I have a problem with AC:BF, a problem already known. The game is capped to 60 fps, which wouldn't really bother me if my screen wasn't a 75Hz display. Considering there are no workaround for the 60 fps cap, what is the best thing I could do to fix the tearing? I've even tried to lower my screen Hz in the Nvidia in the control panel, but the problem persisted. Is there any workaround? I really like this game and I'd even sacrifice a few Fps to resolve the tearing problem.

Thank you in advance

Solution

I think it actually changes the screen, I have a 60hz monitor and I tried 65hz, when I look at the settings on the monitor it showed 65, try it and see what happens, it's like under clocking your monitor from 75 to 60hz. If it doesn't look good just don't say yes to the settings.

Maybe the half vsync option for that game is better, otherwise...

Alexinhoow

Commendable
Oct 24, 2016

Hi nick, thanks for anwsering. If i make a custom resolution with 60hz will the actual frequency of the screen be reduced or will it just be a software thing? It's somthing I haven't found on the web.
Thanks for helping

Nick_50

Reputable
Jan 28, 2016

I think it actually changes the screen, I have a 60hz monitor and I tried 65hz, when I look at the settings on the monitor it showed 65, try it and see what happens, it's like under clocking your monitor from 75 to 60hz. If it doesn't look good just don't say yes to the settings.

Maybe the half vsync option for that game is better, otherwise you have to keep swapping between 60 and 75hz if you want the higher refresh rate in other games and programs.

Solution

Plumboby

Respectable
Apr 18, 2016
drop back your v sync to nothing it messes with fps got this game installed on 2 i3 running 650gtxtis no vsync it messes with the game do a validation or game cache files ubisoft games need a bit of tlc to get them running right both these are on 32inch tv screens on hdmi's fps is 45-60+8gig ram makes a diffrence make sure ur uplay isnt capping it back as it does sometimes

Alexinhoow

Commendable
Oct 24, 2016

Thanks Nick, I'll try like you've said