Question Assassin's Creed Odyssey frame drops

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 5, 2019
So i downloaded AC Odyssey and i have terrible performance.There are massive Fps drops and action ( for example:running) is slow . No matter on what ingame settings i am playing. Can somebody tell me how to fix this ?

My specs:
MSI GTX 750 Ti 2048MB
FX 6100 6 cores 3.3 ghz
Kingston HyperX 6GB Ram memory
Graphic driver WHQL Game Ready Driver 411.70

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
1)Power off the PC, unplug the psu and look for the label printed on the unit.
2)Post your cpu temps with AMD Overdrive. Gpu temps with Msi Afterburner.
3)You mixed ram sticks. 6GBs isn't a normal configuration. Mixing ram is always a gamble, which usually leads to instability. Get a brand new 2x 4 kit.

Jul 5, 2019
1)Power off the PC, unplug the psu and look for the label printed on the unit.
2)Post your cpu temps with AMD Overdrive. Gpu temps with Msi Afterburner.
3)You mixed ram sticks. 6GBs isn't a normal configuration. Mixing ram is always a gamble, which usually leads to instability. Get a brand new 2x 4 kit.
I know i was about to buy a new 4gb ram stick, but im to lazy to transfer my euros to RSD. When i upgraded my pc i already had 2gb and i added 4gb

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Well now you have quite the dilemma.
Your system would be more stable with only the 4GB stick, but performance all around would just drop - the operating system uses at least 2GBs by itself, and that just leaves you with less than 2GB for the game(the minimum required ram is 8GB).
It's not going to be much better leaving both in either. You do need a new kit of 2 sticks. Don't just go and buy another stick, because you risk the same thing happening.
When they are sold as a kit, they are guaranteed to work together by the manufacturer. There are no guarantees with adding sticks - it's like playing a lottery.
The sooner you can do something about this, the better.

Did you check your cpu temps with AMD Overdrive yet? And gpu with Msi Afterburner?

Jul 5, 2019
Before i had stuttering ,but when i bought Ram it has fixed a problem but there is another problem... FPS drops.
My specs:
MSI GTX 750 TI 2GB
FX 6100 6 cores
8GB RAM
1366x768 res
Win 10
If anyone knows how to fix this problem pls tell me how.
Have a nice day!

The problem is your FX 6100 and 750 Ti are both below the game's minimum required FX 6300 and GTX 660.
https://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/requirements/assassin-s-creed-odyssey/17860

FX 6100 Passmark score = 5389 https://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=AMD+FX-6100+Six-Core&id=257
FX 6300 Passmark score = 6388 https://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=AMD+FX-6300+Six-Core&id=1781

750 Ti Passmark score = 3761 https://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu.php?gpu=GeForce+GTX+750+Ti&id=2815
GTX 660 Passmark score = 4130 https://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu.php?gpu=GeForce+GTX+660&id=2152

Meeting the GPU and CPU requirements is actually more important than RAM and VRAM reqs, though all are important and should not be ignored.

As for RAM, ALL PCs have to have it to run, so when you say you bought RAM, did you replace what was there with higher performance RAM, or add to it? Adding RAM has to be done right. For best performance using dual channel mode you need to look for the exact same frequency, capacity and timings (mostly CAS timing), and preferably the same brand/model. If not, the system will default to the slower module. Adding RAM improperly can also cause stability problems, and you need to set it to XMP for it to even run at it's rated speed.

Hard to say whether an OC on the CPU and GPU would solve the low spec problem. The GPU is within 10% of a 660, so you might be able to equal it's performance with a slight OC, but I'd use a higher fan curve to keep it cool.

The CPU though is a good 19% slower, so that will take a fairly robust OC and you definitely want a good aftermarket cooler for that.

It will all go smoother if you have a case with good ventilation. If you're not familiar with overclocking, you'll want to read some good guides on it to make sure it's done right.

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2019
Yeah but yesterday I was playing it without the problem and today fps drops arrived. I added another stick of ram and in CPU Z it says that it's working in dual channel.

Yeah but yesterday I was playing it without the problem and today fps drops arrived. I added another stick of ram and in CPU Z it says that it's working in dual channel.
In the latest AC games it can depend a lot where in the game you're talking about. For instance AC Origins starts in the small village of Siwa, but once you get to Alexandria, the performance is quite different. Haven't played Odyssey yet, so don't know about that one.

At any rate if you can afford a CPU/GPU upgrade I highly advise it, as the level of games you're playing require better hardware. The lighthouse in Alexandria can cause even a GTX 1080 to lag noticeably when it's lit and there's smoke pouring out of it unless you lower Particle (smoke and fog) effects one notch.

Jul 5, 2019
So I get huge fps drops every few seconds.
When I'm standing still fps is normal, but when I start moving it drops like mad. If anyone can fix this problem please tell me.
My specs
GTX 750 Ti
FX 6100 6 cores
8GB ram
1366x768 res
Win 10

So I get huge fps drops every few seconds.
When I'm standing still fps is normal, but when I start moving it drops like mad. If anyone can fix this problem please tell me.
My specs
GTX 750 Ti
FX 6100 6 cores
8GB ram
1366x768 res
Win 10
Normally I'd say that could mean a mouse and/or keyboard problem, since you only use them while moving, but as I said, your hardware doesn't meet the game requirements, so that makes it a situation where any movement can also make it much harder on inadequate hardware, since it's forced to render more textures than standing still.

There's no such thing as my hardware plays the game fine when I'm standing still. You need to take hardware reqs more seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.