[SOLVED] assassin's creed valhalla sky artifacting?

11blackjack11

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2015
i recently bought assassin's creed valhalla on launch im playing on 4k on a rtx 2080ti when i bought it games were stuttering and stuff things popping in
but i soon found out the stuttering was caused by a slow hard drive and pop ins happen in all games but im playing assassin's creed valhalla
and im thinking my card is faulty? idk i will be playing and i will notice the sky textures acting up weird im seeing "artifacting"
i will leave a link to a video below showing my problem i seen this happen twice now and i hope it isnt my card
i was playing watch dogs legion and i saw nothing out of the ordinary nothing like this so its just been bugging me anyone else seeing this?

video:
View: https://youtu.be/Yh8ZXYFQtDs

Solution
so i did the furmark test for a few minutes and i saw no artifacts didnt even crash either sooo i dunnoo
Then it's unlikely your gpu is the problem here. I would do a clean uninstall of your drivers using DDU and fresh reinstall of the latest drivers. If you dont find issues in other games other this, then it's the game. You can only wait for a patch. My friend with a 2070s suffers heavy stutters in 1080p in this game always after an hour of gameplay so yeah this game has issues.

poorbugger

Distinguished
i recently bought assassin's creed valhalla on launch im playing on 4k on a rtx 2080ti when i bought it games were stuttering and stuff things popping in
but i soon found out the stuttering was caused by a slow hard drive and pop ins happen in all games but im playing assassin's creed valhalla
and im thinking my card is faulty? idk i will be playing and i will notice the sky textures acting up weird im seeing "artifacting"
i will leave a link to a video below showing my problem i seen this happen twice now and i hope it isnt my card
i was playing watch dogs legion and i saw nothing out of the ordinary nothing like this so its just been bugging me anyone else seeing this?

video:
View: https://youtu.be/Yh8ZXYFQtDs
Try running furmark and see if it passes the test. It could be the game because that game is horribly optimized right now.

poorbugger

Distinguished
so i did the furmark test for a few minutes and i saw no artifacts didnt even crash either sooo i dunnoo
Then it's unlikely your gpu is the problem here. I would do a clean uninstall of your drivers using DDU and fresh reinstall of the latest drivers. If you dont find issues in other games other this, then it's the game. You can only wait for a patch. My friend with a 2070s suffers heavy stutters in 1080p in this game always after an hour of gameplay so yeah this game has issues.

Solution

11blackjack11

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2015
that is a shame game seems pretty good but the sky going insane throws me off at the moment i will try a clean re install and or wait for a patch thanks!

Reactions: poorbugger

TRENDING THREADS