[SOLVED] Assembled PC does not boot

Nov 29, 2018
Hi,
I just assembled a new pc but I have issues booting. The PC is made by
- AMD YD2600BBAFBOX CPU RYZEN5 2600
- ASRock X370 Gaming-ITX/AC Motherboard AMD
- Corsair VS350 Alimentation PC (80 PLUS, 350 Watt
- Kingston KVR21R15D8/8 RAM 8Go 2133MHz DDR4 ECC Reg CL15 DIMM 288-pin

The problems is that the cpu fan and the fan of the power supply keeps turning off after 5 seconds of spinnning. Also I cannot hear any beep, but I suppose is because there's no integrated speaker ( I do not have a case yet).

Googling around, I concluded this might be the missing GPU on the motherboard. (see http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-3409878/x370-b350-chipsets-integrated-graphics.html) .
My conclusion is that I need to buy a new graphic card. For instance I was thinking of MSI GT 710 1GD3H LP Graphic card Nvidia GT710 954 MHz 1024 Mo PCI Express .

Can you please tell me if I am doing some silly mistake?
Thank for your help.

Solution
You would need a GPU to get any display "out", as there's no iGP on a Ryzen5 2600.

BUT, I don't think that would necessarily result in these symptoms.

Was the X370 motherboard specifically stated to have a BIOS update installed already? Typically there will be "Ryzen 2000 ready" or similar, on a sticker on the box.

The X370, out of the box, does not support a 2600 - it needs a BIOS update to do so.

Either way, you'll need a GPU - the GT710 is a pretty poor pairing with a 2600, but if you don't need any great GPU horsepower, I guess it would be fine?

FWIW, the VS350 is a pretty poor choice for that system, as it's pretty poor quality.
Theoretically, it should work with the 2600 + GT710... but even so, I'm sure there are/were better...

DSzymborski

Titan
It should at least fire up. But you'll need a GPU in any case to see anything, so it's hard to tell you to do too many diagnostics when there are so many things you'll never see. Wait for a GPU (though make sure you have no interest in ever gaming before you get a GT 710) and then run through the sticky on the forums for no-post problems.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
You would need a GPU to get any display "out", as there's no iGP on a Ryzen5 2600.

BUT, I don't think that would necessarily result in these symptoms.

Was the X370 motherboard specifically stated to have a BIOS update installed already? Typically there will be "Ryzen 2000 ready" or similar, on a sticker on the box.

The X370, out of the box, does not support a 2600 - it needs a BIOS update to do so.

Either way, you'll need a GPU - the GT710 is a pretty poor pairing with a 2600, but if you don't need any great GPU horsepower, I guess it would be fine?

FWIW, the VS350 is a pretty poor choice for that system, as it's pretty poor quality.
Theoretically, it should work with the 2600 + GT710... but even so, I'm sure there are/were better options for the price.

Solution
Nov 29, 2018

No, it doesn't. I received the graphic card, I am convinced that is the bios because I have the same symptoms...

Thank you :)