Assessing The Force Of ‘Star Wars Battlefront’

Status
Not open for further replies.

shortbus25

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
Yeah played the beta as long as they keep adding to BF4 I don't need another FPS. I mean i'm tired of sinking $100 + into a game to play it and all of its DLC content.

cknobman

Distinguished
May 2, 2006
This, like many other reviews, helped me save $60.

EA and their "hold 70% of the game back as DLC to milk the customer" is still going strong with this one.

To truly get this game you have to spend $120.

SUCK IT EA.

bwohl

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2008
After my standard 6 months with every Fallout game (4 now), hoping the price is cut in half.... :)

jasonelmore

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2008
Lets be honest guys, This game has 4 maps.. The rest of the maps are sectioned off portions of the original 4 maps, and some pulled from training missions.

There are probably only 4 or 5 distinct sounds for all the guns in the game.

All of the guns shoot about the same, no depth or customization on any of the guns. There are basically 3 Blasters (slow, medium, fast), and 2 sniper rifles (single shot, charge shot)

This is a heavily watered down Battlefront, with a emphasis on using a xbox or PS4 Controller on pretty much everything. Mouse and keyboad is cumbersome.

Aircraft have no roll mechanic, and its arcadey as all get out. you throttle with one thumbstick and steer with the other.. WTF were you thinking DICE? The aircraft system looks like it was put togather at the last minute and everything is half ass.. Not even any cockpit lights or detailed art.

Pretty much all reviews i've seen say this: "Great first 10 hours of gameplay but gets boring after that, because it has no depth"

IMHO this is a $39.99 game, and i can't believe DICE finally made a bad game. Hardline was not the main DICE, so please dont mention hardline.. This was the Dream Team of developers at DICE and they just didn't put enough thought into gameplay and progression. But it sure does look good.

Achoo22

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2011
After my standard 6 months with every Fallout game (4 now), hoping the price is cut in half...
Sure, but by that time the player base will also be cut in half (or worse). I'm skipping this one entirely, but that's easy since it's an Origin exclusive on PC.

wikiwikiwhat

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2008
Dude, okay, this is 2015. Spending $60 on a game ain't killing me anymore. Now the argument is that it isn't worth $60. How? There are plenty of craptastic games that do not remotely have the detail or license this game has and they're $60. COD is the same crap over and over and it's $60. People play F2P games and end up paying $60 or more.

It's not the only game you should just play. If it only excites you for 1-2 hours...then play it for just that and then play something else.

I wanted a Star Wars game that makes me escape into it. It does that. Dude, I didn't even kill anyone on the first day, I just did the speeder bike mission over and over and over because I been dying for something like that forever. EA delivered. All the correct sounds are there, nothing that isn't canonical isn't there.

This was made on a short cycle and they paid a lot so yes, they might have forced the game but this game is still playable and still fun.

Since this SW train is going to keep on rolling for the foreseeable future we are going to get more installments. We're going to get space battles eventually, galactic conquest, new trilogy stuff, prequel stuff. If you can think it, they already thought about it.

Just speeder bike and chill.

Battlefront II was much better and had more, Battlefront III was shaping up to improve while retaining BFII's improvements; EA's version is a straight up lazy cash grab that is missing some of the core features. Watching the cancelled Battlefront III trailer is enough to make any Battlefront II fan weep.

Status
Not open for further replies.