Question Assigned wrong IP address to EGX100

Burke_a_lot

Prominent
May 25, 2020
This is referring to a PowerLogic EGX100MG Ethernet Gateway.

Unfortunately the wrong IP address was assigned to our device. Using the webpage interface the IP address was assigned as 128.0.1.16
After this I can no longer access the device via the webpage interface even when using the current IP address even when changing adapter/Ethernet properties to suit.
Has anyone had a similar problem with these Ethernet Gateways? Unfortunately there is no factory reset, that we know of, on the device.
We have tried sending a master reset remotely, through register write, using modbus tester but didn't seem to do anything.

Please let me know if there is another way to factory reset the device or access the web interface.

Cheers.

bniknafs9

Honorable
Jan 21, 2019
if the original adress was 192.168.1.1 you can always access it by tweaking with the ipv4 properties in your windows network adapters page .

like i can't access my modem here because it is in a bridge mode and there's no default ipv4 address assigned :

But if i change the ipv4 properties like in here ,

then the modem settings page pops up by entering 192.168.1.1

you problem sounds similar , only it's a different brand of a router

Are you sure there is no reset button or hole.

Do you know what subnet mask you set. You should be able to set something like 128.0.1.1 on the pc. Although kinda of a strange IP address because it is right on the boundary it is a valid IP address that is actually registered to a company. It would not normally be used internally but there is nothing that should stop it from working.

Burke_a_lot

Prominent
May 25, 2020
if the original adress was 192.168.1.1 you can always access it by tweaking with the ipv4 properties in your windows network adapters page .

like i can't access my modem here because it is in a bridge mode and there's no default ipv4 address assigned :

But if i change the ipv4 properties like in here ,

then the modem settings page pops up by entering 192.168.1.1

you problem sounds similar , only it's a different brand of a router

Cheers for the reply. Unfortunately we have already tried this in about every combination possible. It's almost like the gateway has gone into a lockdown state and we will probably have to access it by using HyperTerminal via RJ45.

Burke_a_lot

Prominent
May 25, 2020
Are you sure there is no reset button or hole.

Do you know what subnet mask you set. You should be able to set something like 128.0.1.1 on the pc. Although kinda of a strange IP address because it is right on the boundary it is a valid IP address that is actually registered to a company. It would not normally be used internally but there is nothing that should stop it from working.

It has a reset button but it only reboots the device. There is no physical way to factory reset the device. I'm guessing Schneider wanted it like this as a security factor.

TRENDING THREADS