assigning vram with uefi

Slaanesh

Honorable
Feb 16, 2013
I have just purchased a new game that requires 3gb minimum of vram for the max hd graphics but from what i have found is vram needs to be added via the bios, but my motherboard (z77 extreme 4) uses a uefi system and not straight bios.

Is there a way to add the vram with this mobo or am i cursed to lower graphics because of uefi.

Solution

I honestly think the game is basically saying to play it on high it needs something like an AMD HD 7950/R9 280 or Nvidia GTX 780/GTX 970 these are graphics cards that come stock with 3GB or more of Vram and are able to use it quick enough to produce a smooth gaming experience instead of a choppy slideshow.

caqde

Distinguished

I honestly think the game is basically saying to play it on high it needs something like an AMD HD 7950/R9 280 or Nvidia GTX 780/GTX 970 these are graphics cards that come stock with 3GB or more of Vram and are able to use it quick enough to produce a smooth gaming experience instead of a choppy slideshow.

Solution

The only case where you need to modify the display adapter memory in the system setup is with an IGP that has no dedicated memory of its own. Even then, this is only necessary for operating systems and graphics drivers that don't allocate memory dynamically.