Assistance in this regard

Greetings all, bear with me on this and where possible advise me on the best course of action.

Dilema

I have/had a Gigabyte P67A-UD4 running my 2500K and it ran swimingly for the best part of three months, when until the past Saturday it went into a completely random boot loop, I had tried the Bios Clear, removing the battery and all the common self diagnosises, but to no avail. I took the board straight to the Gigabyte distributor for the Country (I reside in South Africa for the record) and they also had no joy but wanted to test the board further to find out what the matter was. It was confirmed to me today that it was in fact the bios which was faulty.

I have also read rather alarmingly that Gigabytes P67/Z68 chipsets have this problem with rather frequent rates, it is also a very high out of the box failure rate. I also learned that the reseller that I go to for my private and casual clients componants also had four Gigabyte boards being returned and two of the four boards they had on stock were also faulty out of the box.

Solutions:

1] I was offered a direct board replacement, which I have to wait until stock arives.
2] I was offered a replacement board but a Z68XP UD3 immediately and for a minor upgrade fee of around R50 which is nothing.

I learned that the Board itself also suffers from the achilles heel of the P67 boards and was advised to stay away from Gigabyte at present.

Alternate Solutions:

1] When I get my credit back I can change for either of;

a) ASUS P8P67 Pro
b) MSI Z68A GD65

Both without any upgrade fee.

2] Boards that are within a R200 upgrade fee which I don't mind doing.

a) ASUS P8P67 EVO and Deluxe
b) ASUS P8Z68 Pro

What would be the sound option or advice here?

Thanks.

Frizzo

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2010
i'm a big asus fan, all the other top motherboard companies seem like a distant 2nd to me. this situation is also happening on some asus boards as well though. you may end up with another board that does the same thing. fortunately for my situation i found a quick fix which did in fact fix the problem, which was disabling internal pll voltage.

Thats fine and well if it allowed me to get to Bios, but never made it that far, I do understand that all board manufacturers have similar problems, just that the frequency of it with Gigabyte is rather alarming, as much as it was a shock after three months of casual usage it decided to stop working. I have used Gigabyte for a long time and this is the first time anything like this has happened.