Assistance in upgrading my PC?

Mar 4, 2018
Hello everybody.

I was looking to upgrade my PC but not sure what I should upgrade in order to receive the biggest boost in performance for gaming. Not looking for anything HUGE, this will mostly be to max out settings on MMOs and maybe to play some newer games on highish settings. Any advice?

My current build is Intel Core i5-4430 @ 3.00Ghz, 16GB Ram, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960

I also had another question. Originally I had built two of these PC's for me and my wife to play together, however she has since lost interest in gaming and I now have a second pc with these same stats sitting in the other room that hasn't been turned on in nearly 6 months. Is there any way for me to use those other components in this new PC build? Will adding the other GTX 960 in some kind of combination improve performance?

Thanks for the help!

Solution
SLI only works on SLI enabled games, most AAA games support it, indie games not so much. If you've got it, go ahead, may aswell.
Please take note the increase in power consumption. I think the 960 is like 85W, So make sure you have enough wiggle room on your PSU.
If you have enough slots you could chuck the RAM in there also.
Extra harddrives you could RAID for faster / safer storage.
Or just take the graphics card out, SLI your pc and turn the other into a home server ^_^

diseasedcrow

Reputable
Aug 27, 2015
SLI only works on SLI enabled games, most AAA games support it, indie games not so much. If you've got it, go ahead, may aswell.
Please take note the increase in power consumption. I think the 960 is like 85W, So make sure you have enough wiggle room on your PSU.
If you have enough slots you could chuck the RAM in there also.
Extra harddrives you could RAID for faster / safer storage.
Or just take the graphics card out, SLI your pc and turn the other into a home server ^_^

Solution