[SOLVED] Assistance with compability

Oct 15, 2019
Hello everyone.

I've recently decided to buy either Radeon VII or 5700 XT.

What consernse me is that i have I9 9900k so i want to ask since im not familiar with compability of GPU's and CPU's

Will it work without issues, since i saw all sorts of different results on different CPU's and these two GPU's

To be more specific will it bottle neck i9 or otherway around?

Thank you?

Phaaze88

Glorious
Ambassador
I had in my PC 2080ti before. It died so im looking for something new and different :D but i have PSU of 1.2kW
Different - ah, so that explains the switch to AMD... although they have nothing nowhere near the performance of the 2080Ti.
Which, by the way, were you not able to RMA, or get a replacement 2080Ti under warranty?

Radeon VII just isn't a good idea simply because of how quickly it went out of production and driver support is dead; any software/driver issues you may run into when using that card won't be fixed.
AMD cut their losses quickly on this thing.

Phaaze88

Glorious
Ambassador
How well they work together depends on your use case?
Radeon VII is not a capable gaming gpu, crazy power hungry, and support is already EoL... all in less than a year.

Do you have a good power supply?

Phaaze88

Glorious
Ambassador
I had in my PC 2080ti before. It died so im looking for something new and different :D but i have PSU of 1.2kW
Different - ah, so that explains the switch to AMD... although they have nothing nowhere near the performance of the 2080Ti.
Which, by the way, were you not able to RMA, or get a replacement 2080Ti under warranty?

Radeon VII just isn't a good idea simply because of how quickly it went out of production and driver support is dead; any software/driver issues you may run into when using that card won't be fixed.
AMD cut their losses quickly on this thing.

Oct 15, 2019
Yeah i got the refund of 2080ti. But unfortunately there is none available in my country at this moment. So i wanted to seek alternatives. I was leaning from 2070 to Radeon so i wanted to do my research and questions before i just go and buy like a lunatic :D

ASK THE COMMUNITY