Question Assistance With Cooler RGB

Nov 29, 2020
After much deliberation, I finally settled on the Lian Li LIANCOOL 2 (in black) as the case I will use, but only if I can come up with a solution to a problem. My chosen cooler, the Corsair h150i Elite Cappelix, comes with a Commander Core. The Commander Core has 6 PWM fan headers and 6 4-pin RGB headers. I'm aware that I can use a three way PWM fan splitter for the power, but I'm struggling to come up with a way to hook up all 8 of the RGB plugins (the motherboard does not have 4 pin RGB headers on it, so that's a no go.) Can anyone think of a solution to this problem? If not, I may have to go with the case I was originally planning on using - the Corsair Obsidian 500D.

Lutfij

Titan
The RGB connectors on the Corsair Core unit look like they are proprietary connectors.
Which is why you're thinking you can't connect the fans to the motherboard.

To add, if your board lacks the ability to connect Corsair RGB devices, the Core is USB driven.

Nov 29, 2020
The RGB connectors on the Corsair Core unit look like they are proprietary connectors.
Which is why you're thinking you can't connect the fans to the motherboard.

To add, if your board lacks the ability to connect Corsair RGB devices, the Core is USB driven.

The motherboard has a 2.0 USB header, so I don't think getting the core to work with it will be an issue, since ASUS Aura now works with iCue.