Assistance With Gaming Computer

Jul 8, 2018
My computer is a little more than 6 years old and I was thinking about doing some upgrades. Most of my games run fairly well with a few exceptions, (the biggest one being the Everest that is Crysis) but even then I get some big frame dips when tons of stuff starts happening. I'm looking to get at least a steady 60fps out of all my games while being able to play on ultra or a least high with the more demanding titles. Here's what I have. Please let me know if I've forgotten something, and if I have, let me know where I can find it.

CPU: AMD FX 8129 Eight-Core Processor 3.10GHz
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-78-LMT-S2
RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance
Graphics: Radeon RX 480 with 1920x1080 display
Storage: I have 2 hard drives but I'm not sure how to post their speed or what they are. My main drive is 500GB but I have an 2TB SSD that all of my games are on.
Case/Cooling: iBUYPOWER GFC-01051 with Corsair Hydro Series H60 Liquid Cooler
Operating System: Windows 7 64bit. I would prefer to stay away form Windows 10.

Most of my games run fine at high settings with a few things turned off like shadows and physx effects, but I wouldn't mind being able to max out everything. Doom, Overwatch, Crysis 2 and 3 run great, but I have some frame drops when playing Borderlands 2 and Pre-Sequel, and of course, the original Crysis. I'm thinking about doing this upgrade for future games like Starfield, Elder Scrolls 6, and any other Doom sequels. I've got a lot of time before all those, so I'd like to start saving for any parts I need. I know it's hard to say since we don't know anything about how those games run or anything, but I'm sure I'll need to make some upgrades somewhere down the line. Is there anything I should change or fix? Or am I better off stcking with what I have? Thanks

Jul 8, 2018
Not anything over 1000. I'm willing to spread it out over a few months, so I don't need any of this stuff right away.

Jul 8, 2018
I've read that Intel is more efficient for gaming, but I don't mind having AMD. The motherboard I've had hasn't given me any problems.

if you want to stay with windows 7 amd chipset still have amd drivers for windows 7. you have to use a 3 party tool like 7lite to make a new windows 7 iso with the updated chipset drivers. the newer intel chipset dont have windows 7 drivers. as prices and parts keep changing i would save up first and buy all at once. go with next ryzen cpu on there 7mm format. look at end of the year for nvidia nad amd next gpu. some of the older nvidia gpu there are vendor that have sent back a lot of gpu as there over stock as mineing went sought.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Core i5-8400 2.8GHz 6-Core Processor ($178.99 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master - Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($19.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: ASRock - B360 Pro4 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($84.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2666 Memory ($149.99 @ Newegg Business)
Storage: Team - L5 LITE 3D 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($29.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($43.90 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB SC GAMING Video Card ($269.99 @ Newegg)
Case: NZXT - S340 (Black/Red) ATX Mid Tower Case ($49.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: SeaSonic - FOCUS Gold 650W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($71.89 @ OutletPC)
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit ($89.89 @ OutletPC)
Total: $989.61
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-07-08 16:00 EDT-0400

Jul 8, 2018
That's very helpful, thank you very much. I know it might be difficult to figure out just on my specs alone, but is there any particular part of my current setup that's holding my system back? I feel like my performance should be slightly higher given the games I have. If I could get away with upgrading a couple things instead of the whole setup, I'd prefer to do that. Unless all of those parts require everything you listed.