Associating supporting files with maps

I've used UT cache cleaner before to move cached maps into production. When
I do so, the supporting texture files, music files, etc. are named by the
utility. Therefore, I know what files are supporitng that map.

Is there a way to tell what files go with a map for a map that is already in
the maps folder? That is, if I wanted to play the map on a different
machine, how can I tell which texture files, system files, etc. go with it?

Thanks again for educating me,

~Mud_Jack

Meltdown

Mud_Jack enlightened us with:
> Is there a way to tell what files go with a map for a map that is
> already in the maps folder? That is, if I wanted to play the map on
> a different machine, how can I tell which texture files, system
> files, etc. go with it?

Load it into UnrealEd and see what other packages are loaded along
with it.

MeltDown
! http://www.unrealtower.org/faq
!Home of the FAQs for agut and agut2003.

Rocky

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 07:20:36 -0000, MeltDown
<meltdownUSE@YOURunrealtower.org.imagination> wrote:

>Mud_Jack enlightened us with:
>> Is there a way to tell what files go with a map for a map that is
>> already in the maps folder? That is, if I wanted to play the map on
>> a different machine, how can I tell which texture files, system
>> files, etc. go with it?
>
>Load it into UnrealEd and see what other packages are loaded along
>with it.

nice. i was just about to ask the same question. by sheer luck i found
the info i wanted. thanks.

>MeltDown

Rocky

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 07:20:36 -0000, MeltDown
<meltdownUSE@YOURunrealtower.org.imagination> wrote:

>Mud_Jack enlightened us with:
>> Is there a way to tell what files go with a map for a map that is
>> already in the maps folder? That is, if I wanted to play the map on
>> a different machine, how can I tell which texture files, system
>> files, etc. go with it?
>
>Load it into UnrealEd and see what other packages are loaded along
>with it.

nice. i was just about to ask the same question. by sheer luck i found
the info i wanted. thanks.

>MeltDown

TRENDING THREADS