Astro a40 TR suddenly made static/popping noise suddenly one day and I haven't been able to fix it since.

Status
Not open for further replies.

OpticCheesePuff

Reputable
Jun 17, 2014
I bought my astro a40 TR headphones a few months ago and one day I noticed this static/popping noise appeared out of nowhere. The noise isn't that loud but it is very annoying. I connect my mixamp with micro usb and optical from my PC. What's strange is that if I plug in my mixamp with a micro usb cable powered by an outlet, the buzzing noise stops. However, this means that I can't use the microphone. I tried using my astro a40 gen2 mixamp and the buzzing noise wasn't there. And when I launch a game, the noise becomes even louder. I've already tried using different optical cables and micro usb cables but the noise is still there for my TR headphones. I've searched through every astro forum and I can't seem to find the answer. Does anybody know how to fix this issue?

OpticCheesePuff

Reputable
Jun 17, 2014

The problem is that I bought these from a local distributor (I don't live in the U.S or Canada and they tried to recreate the issue on their computer but for some reason, it wouldn't show up. I don't think it's my computer since I'm having no trouble with my gen 2 a40's.

Status
Not open for further replies.