Astro Updates The A50 Wireless Headset At E3

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisITguy

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2015
All of the above features are cool and all except they did not fix the most glaring downside. You can not use more than one pair in the same room. At least in the review above, different channels are not mentioned. Hopefully they add this ability soon.

Ironhail

Commendable
Jun 21, 2016
I love the look of astro headsets however, I had nothing but issues with mine.... The dock it came with was terrible, the female connections internally pushed inward from normal use. In order to fix this I purchased their at the time Beta USB Bluetooth connector at cost; after a ton of headaches getting it linked up with that a huge issue with transmitting voice frequencies arise causing voice put out a deafening static to others in the voice chat channels i used. This prohibited me from being able to communicate with friends I played with at all.

I contacted the team and mailed my headset in never to hear from or see it again. All emails sent back never replied too...

uglyduckling81

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2011
The sound quality is great but I wouldn't touch Astro again. For about 2 years now my battery has been terrible. Get a couple hours at best out of them. I currently have a mod designed to add a large battery to the top of the headband to make them less annoying to use.
On another note does the new software work with the old headset? The original A50 has no software, maybe that doesn't really matter though.

Mastergr1ef

Commendable
Jun 22, 2016
I have an Astro A50 headset and NEVER again will I EVER buy another one. It hasn't worked right from the start. Google the volume wheel problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.