[SOLVED] Astroneer stops microphone from working ?

ethanwpick

Commendable
Oct 27, 2019
I tried to play astroneer on steam and realized that my friend was unable to hear me on discord once I was in the main menu of the game. If I tab out and go re-select my audio devices on discord, it works... Until I try to go back to astroneer, then the same thing happens.

Noteworthy things:
  • I updated to windows 11 yesterday and didn't have the problem before.
  • Logitech G hub still registers that my mic is picking up audio when playing astroneer
  • So far this has not happened on any other game that I own
I have tried:
  • Restarting my pc
  • Disabling applications to take exclusive control over my audio input and output
  • Disabling discord overlay
  • Crying
Please let me know if there would be a better stream than pc gaming to post this

Solution
There are problems with logitech headsets and discord in win 11. I know that but I don't have an answer for you.

so it might be something Logitech and Discord need to work out.

Also you shouldn't have been able to select self for trophy on question, its a forum bug. I will fix it.

ethanwpick

Commendable
Oct 27, 2019
Alright just wanted to come back and let anyone experiencing this sort of issue know that reverting to windows 10 (Start -> Advanced Windows Update Options) fixed my problem. I did end up experiencing it with more games so I cut my losses. I'm sorry I couldn't find a way to live with 11 as it was a pretty nice experience for the most part

Colif

Win 11 Master
There are problems with logitech headsets and discord in win 11. I know that but I don't have an answer for you.

so it might be something Logitech and Discord need to work out.

Also you shouldn't have been able to select self for trophy on question, its a forum bug. I will fix it.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS