News Asus’ Big, Brown RTX 3070 Noctua Edition Gets Official

Make the same for a 3080, and I'll buy one! It will match the other Noctua components that I have, and I don't even care if I have a Chromax version. (y)

Now if I could have a dream card - it would be a Noctua 3090 undervolted from the factory to be the lowest power-consuming and quietest 3090 of all time!

ConfusedCounsel

Prominent
Jun 10, 2021
I cannot stand the Noctua color scheme, despite performance. But that is a matter of personal preference. Not that it really matters. This card will end up like the Asus Gundam Special Edition card, and all other 30 series graphic cards, only in the hands of scalpers and miners.

But hey, Microcenter in Fairfax, VA has $280 MSI GTX 1050 TI cards in stock, as well as RX 6700 XT cards in stock starting at $799. Us normal people can struggle through a tech shortage, which is closing auto plants, while 20 miles away Congress debates how much of 3.5 trillion they can spend on some unknow plans and pay for with some unknow framework.

I cannot stand the Noctua color scheme, despite performance. But that is a matter of personal preference. Not that it really matters. This card will end up like the Asus Gundam Special Edition card, and all other 30 series graphic cards, only in the hands of scalpers and miners.

But hey, Microcenter in Fairfax, VA has $280 MSI GTX 1050 TI cards in stock, as well as RX 6700 XT cards in stock starting at $799. Us normal people can struggle through a tech shortage, which is closing auto plants, while 20 miles away Congress debates how much of 3.5 trillion they can spend on some unknow plans and pay for with some unknow framework.

Brown is the quietest color though, it's as simple as that!

Apr 1, 2020
The card itself is a sight to behold, with a gigantic heatsink and shroud, measuring in at 3.45 inches -- or just beyond three PCI-e slots in thickness. This effectively makes the RTX 3070 Noctua Edition a quadruple-slot card, requiring lots of room in your case for proper airflow.

Who needs that pesky 2nd PCIe slot!

Seriously if GPU heatsinks are going to keep growing like this, I wouldn't doubt motherboard manufacturers start electrically wiring their PCIe slots x8/x16/x4 so as to not render a fast slot blocked and unusuable, or even cutting down to 2-x16 slots spaced 5 apart since WiFi and LAN chips on high end boards now aren't exactly slouches anymore requiring a dedicated WiFi or ethernet card on their Gaming Edition alphabet soup boards.

Last edited: