Asus 1 long 3 short beeps and no signal on monitor

dsherman3526

Honorable
Apr 17, 2012
Hello,
I was using my computer and puwered it down then a few days later i powered it back up and got (no signal) on monitor and 1 long beep and 3 short beeps. I took it down to a store to check the graphics card and they told me it was it well i wanted a new card and a new monitor so i got them both. my mother board is a (p5n-e ) sli i took out the nvidia 8800gt and put in a amd radeon (hd 6850) now i still have 1 long beep and 3 short beeps and (no signal) on the monitor. HELP!!!

hankhankk

Honorable
Apr 17, 2012
Could be a RAM problem. check if all sticks are seated properly and if that fils one "may" be fried. I have had same problem in past after overclocking and thought it was graphics but had just fried 1 ram stick out of the 4. trial and error never hurts

Mokai

Honorable
Apr 25, 2012
:hello: Here come to repair!! try second pci-e slot(not been used before, if run), inspect the primary pci-e slot, clean the pci-e slot with paint brush or something(i also cleaned vga card contacts). the dirt/dust in the slot collected from video card fans over sometime, fixing only apply to used/old mobo....no post..1 long beep 3 short beeps with/without card....anyone? it is.. not rams gussing game here, not PSU madness, it is Solid fix! !! :bounce:

DM186

Splendid
Yeah your MOBO manual will have the post beeps in the troubleshooting section. In mine the 1 long beep and 3 short is a keyboard error and everybodys MOBOs are different. so what mine shows might be different on someone else PC.

Mokai

Honorable
Apr 25, 2012
few years old mobo? if you push/pull in/out mobo parts a lot, even just sitting on table with tiny vibrations over sometime or just travel in the car..etc . the problems came on/off, sometime computer it won't run on your next boostup.. it may run again if you(not really) do something about it..yeah?, someone say "contact loose" on psu/ram/vga..etc. it's same problem on my 2 Asus sli mobo with 3 gt card..i cleaned both modo now i claim it back as perfect working... when nextime clean/blow your PSU remember blow the card slot too

ivoradev

Honorable
Nov 18, 2012

1 Long 3 Short on asus is PCI-E slot problem. Got same on mine too. Put a new 7870 and it worked, went to install Windows 7, then decided to leave the SSDs for the install only and rebooted (no isntall made) and it was gone ... got the beeps too.

Found a youtube video where they checked an ASUS with special hardware and saw that my PCI-E 2.0 ports were gone (I got two from the blues). Was lucky that my mobo got third PCI-E 16x though not 2.0, just a 1.0 one, the white one, that was working. So card has like 1/3 of bandwith but it works at least. Will change mobo this days, don't want to dmg the card.

My old card got killed so either the card did the dmg or the board killed the card. I could fix my old 9800GTX+ in the oven and have it working on another pc, but on the mobo I see in windows events nvraid errors. when I get one, pc freezes, so mobo has probs for sure, beside the two PCI-E 2.0 that are damaged.

If you got only one PCI-E slot you won't be able to boot, same if you have two 2.0 slots ... my luck was the third PCI-E slot that was the old version, the 1.0.

May 30, 2019
Hello,
I was using my computer and puwered it down then a few days later i powered it back up and got (no signal) on monitor and 1 long beep and 3 short beeps. I took it down to a store to check the graphics card and they told me it was it well i wanted a new card and a new monitor so i got them both. my mother board is a (p5n-e ) sli i took out the nvidia 8800gt and put in a amd radeon (hd 6850) now i still have 1 long beep and 3 short beeps and (no signal) on the monitor. HELP!!!

I got same issue when I forget to power on my monitor, but when I powered on my monitor the beeps are gone.
And I try to restart it with monitor off again, then the 1 long beep and 3 short beeps appear again.

If I power on my monitor before powering on the system i got no beep at all.
This issue only appear when my monitor is off.