[SOLVED] Asus 1060 6gb Dual freeze and blue screen.

Aug 27, 2019
Hi to all I know this been post so many times. I just wanna know, what causes it and how I can resolve it.

Specs:
i5-4690k 3.50ghz, 16gb ram, Asus gtx 1060 6gb dual, PSU CX600M ,

I recently upgraded my gpu to gtx 1060. I'm running gtx 970 before. Even so my gtx 970 has been freezing lately, thats why I decided to upgrade. Now I am getting the same problem with my 1060. but with blue screen. Also it only does this when I am playing games.

Could anyone able to help me?

Thanks in advance.

Solution
One of these 3 will handle most budget to mid tier builds:
PCPartPicker Part List

Power Supply: Corsair RMx (2018) 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($79.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $79.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-08-28 01:26 EDT-0400

PCPartPicker Part List

Power Supply: SeaSonic FOCUS Plus Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($88.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Total: $88.98
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-08-28 01:32 EDT-0400

PCPartPicker Part List

Power Supply: EVGA...

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
How many sticks of ram? If more than 1, are they from the same kit?

Motherboard drivers up to date? Gpu drivers too?

Who am I kidding? It's probably the power supply getting ready to crap on you. It's has quite the notorious reputation.

Aug 27, 2019

Who am I kidding? It's probably the power supply getting ready to crap on you. It's has quite the notorious reputation.

Yes, I have 4 sticks they are all in same kit corsair vengeance ddr3 , I still use the oem motherboard drivers the CD. Same thing in GPU I have a GPU tweek 2 driver.

Also I have the same feeling about my psu. But what could you recommend for good psu? Which tier ?
To add how can you tell if it’s a bad card?
Thank you for your reply!

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Yes, I have 4 sticks they are all in same kit corsair vengeance ddr3 , I still use the oem motherboard drivers the CD. Same thing in GPU I have a GPU tweek 2 driver.

Also I have the same feeling about my psu. But what could you recommend for good psu? Which tier ?
To add how can you tell if it’s a bad card?
Thank you for your reply!
By kit, I didn't mean the same kind per se, but were all 4 sticks packaged together?

You've been using the old motherboard CD drivers?! You should've LONG since updated those. The drivers on those CDs are already obsolete before you even get them, with newer drivers being available on the mobo maker's website.

Although Corsair aimed this and the other 'green labeled' CXMs at office and gaming PCs, it doesn't really own up to the latter.
-Low hold-up time
-Lack of quality components(it's a budget psu)
-Low operating temperature: This goes hand-in-hand with the other 2 points. The lower quality components will degrade faster with heat created by parts even with a moderate power draw. It's sustained max power delivery at peak loads is poor with some budget gaming builds
-Crap fan doesn't really help this

Reactions: DatshiiCray

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
One of these 3 will handle most budget to mid tier builds:
PCPartPicker Part List

Power Supply: Corsair RMx (2018) 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($79.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $79.99
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-08-28 01:26 EDT-0400

PCPartPicker Part List

Power Supply: SeaSonic FOCUS Plus Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($88.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Total: $88.98
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-08-28 01:32 EDT-0400

PCPartPicker Part List

Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA GS 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($89.89 @ OutletPC)
Total: $89.89
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-08-28 01:31 EDT-0400

If you're really hurting on funds:
PCPartPicker Part List

Power Supply: Corsair CX (2017) 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($59.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $59.99
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-08-28 01:34 EDT-0400

Reactions: DatshiiCray
Solution
Aug 27, 2019
By kit, I didn't mean the same kind per se, but were all 4 sticks packaged together?

You've been using the old motherboard CD drivers?! You should've LONG since updated those. The drivers on those CDs are already obsolete before you even get them, with newer drivers being available on the mobo maker's website.

Although Corsair aimed this and the other 'green labeled' CXMs at office and gaming PCs, it doesn't really own up to the latter.
-Low hold-up time
-Low operating temperature: This goes hand-in-hand with the other 2 points. The lower quality components will degrade faster with heat created by parts even with a moderate power draw. It's sustained max power delivery at peak loads is poor with some budget gaming builds

-Low hold-up time

I see, sorry I misunderstood it. But no they were packaged by 2 ‘s when I bought them. It’s 4+4 / 4+4.

Apprently yes, cuz I thought they will be good up to date. So I will find the new drivers to it.

Understood, never knew this before I built my pc. During those times it was the go to psu and cheaper value . But that was way back then 5 years ago. So now prolly I really needed to upgrade some stuff.

Also thank you for these recommendations, I would check them out! I will try these out and see what would resolve it. But thank you so much for replying! I’ll keep you posted .

Aug 27, 2019
I see, sorry I misunderstood it. But no they were packaged by 2 ‘s when I bought them. It’s 4+4 / 4+4.

Apprently yes, cuz I thought they will be good up to date. So I will find the new drivers to it.

Understood, never knew this before I built my pc. During those times it was the go to psu and cheaper value . But that was way back then 5 years ago. So now prolly I really needed to upgrade some stuff.

Also thank you for these recommendations, I would check them out! I will try these out and see what would resolve it. But thank you so much for replying! I’ll keep you posted .

After last night! I finally found what and why caused of it. And you were right about the old drivers that I’m still using, I needed to update my bios and other drivers. So that it would be compatible with my new gpu. Plus the older gpu driver that I’m also using is the one giving it blue screen. So I did format my pc and installed the latest versions of drivers. And then after testing it for 4 hours. Playing and let it idle, it didn’t show any blue screen or freezing. So now hopefully it will continue to be stable. And for the psu, it is surprisingly handling it well. Not a problem about it. For now I would keep it and till I decided to build a new pc again.

I would to say thank you for the help and suggestions. Appreciate it.

Any admin if sees it. It’s now resolve.