Asus 1060 6gb strix getting really hot under load.

Ninowhadup

Prominent
Feb 14, 2017
Hello,

So as the tittle suggest my 1060 strix has recently started to get really hot under load when it didn't before.

I let Heaven run for around 5 mins and the card was on 75c with fans around 70% as well.

The card is regularly cleaned with compressed air bottles and the side panel is off due to the heating.

It is overclocked but i set it to default and let it run again and I was getting 72C.

Now I am thinking this could be a thermal paste issue but I wanna see if any has had the issue before. I am thinking it's an issue since the card didnt run pass 60C before under full load.

Any advice is welcomed.

I don't know what country you are in and what temperature it is where you are but that is not hot at all and not what I was expecting when I clicked on this post. 90c is hot, 70's are normal and the increase you are seeing has to do probably with the fact that it's summertime here in N. America. Ambient temps are warmer so CPU's, GPU's and other parts will be warmer than what you are used to. I get it you remember the card running at lower temps but as you describe things, there is NOT a problem. I would NOT disassemble your card as you'd be fixing something that ain't broke. are there any changes in your case fan rpms or number of case fans? might want to take a look at your intak/exhaust set up. good luck!

Ninowhadup

Prominent
Feb 14, 2017

Thanks for the input.

The case is at the moment without the side panel. At the moment of testing it is currently around 20C so while it is hotter it's still not summer time hotter.

The 75-78C is not bad in it's own right. But having fans running at 70 to 75% with three fans a a pretty large heatsink on the strix is what has me worried.

In addition to that most reviews had this card at 60C max at load which was the same for me before.

And the case fans have not been changed at all since I got it.