Question Asus 2060 Rtx 6gb "oc edition"? and Jedi survivor plus other games question about settings

Angelouss

Distinguished
May 27, 2015
ok, as in subject, my gpu is a 2060 asus rtx 6gb card, i have had it since 2020, and it has been a not bad update from the 1060 6gb card i had, but the rtx and newer model, it is a step up i have felt, but, i run, 16gb of corsair memory, with a older cpu a 2600 Ryzen 5 3.4ghz 6core 12 thread cpu,

i mainly "without getting a better cpu atm, i have a older 8 core AM3plus FX AMD 8 core 3.2ghz i think, that works, but the TUF board i have is a socket am4, thats why i have a 2600 in it only,

ive been able to play every title from days gone, to fallen order, Gta V w mods, RDR2, Cyberpunk, all the good titles, with little to no issues,

i know i could use another 16 gb of memory, and a cpu upgrade, but the money is tight atm. so i am doing what i can.

with the current set up

with a 500 w bronze rated evga PSU, everything is working fine, it was hot as hell the other day in the house due to having windows replaced, and my pc shut down auto due to heat, , 3 different days, and im playing jedi survivor as well, so i am watching the Temp, and touched up the fan options on the duel gpu to run a bit more from 30% to 40% and kick on at 40degrees celsius

can anyone give me any pointers with the hardware i have.

this is the exact card i have

You're already doing what you can to keep it running, and it seems if windows being replaced caused the shutdown, it's a temporary setback at best, as once the new ones are in, provided they are thermopane type, that shouldn't be a problem anymore.

The only other thing I would suggest is maybe try to pick your gaming hours wisely while the window work is still going on. I find heat tends to build up in houses in the evening time. Well placed window fans might aid ventilation too.

Reactions: Angelouss

Angelouss

Distinguished
May 27, 2015
You're already doing what you can to keep it running, and it seems if windows being replaced caused the shutdown, it's a temporary setback at best, as once the new ones are in, provided they are thermopane type, that shouldn't be a problem anymore.

The only other thing I would suggest is maybe try to pick your gaming hours wisely while the window work is still going on. I find heat tends to build up in houses in the evening time. Well placed window fans might aid ventilation too.
i figured, i was out of curiousness i, did i think mention i turned the duel fans, up 10 % and to turn on, at 41Celsius, "note since that i have not had a shut down", i have been looking into under volting my gpu, but i really haven't found a guide video , for my exact card that tells me step by step without assuming i know mostly what im doing when it comes to Using the OC UC utilization for gpu, i have never had a gpu pop on me in years. since, never pretty much,

i think im just gonna get some more ram, and get a ryzen 7 soon, have been eying a 3060 12gb, which will be an upgrade from my 6gb 2060, and its 279, but just saw that the 5000s are coming out, soooo i am all over the place,

my mind thinks of like 5 things at once to do, with everything, computers, Music, building, Painting, it gets exhausting. but anyway, thank you for your feed back, taken in and glad to read.

What kind of ventilation is your house setup with? I watch remodeling shows like This Old House a lot, and quite often their veteran master builder recommends what they call a whole house fan. It's mounted in a central location in the ceiling and pulls warm air from the house and directs it strait to the attic where it is dispelled by vents in the attic.

This type of system is quite effective and one of the cheapest ways to cool your house in the hot summer months.