[SOLVED] ASUS 23,8" VZ249HE worth buying?

Solution
You will probably be happy with it. All the reviews are quite good. My first IPS monitor was an ASUS VS239H-P, which is also a pretty cheap IPS monitor. They likely use a very similar if not the same panel, I was very happy with that monitor considering it's price.

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador
Well it's a 100 pound IPS panel I wouldn't expect a high quality monitor, it's good for the price. Backlight bleed will depend on the sample, from what I can see from reviews it does not seem to have major backight bleed issues. However when it comes to IPS panels there is always a chance you could get a sample with some bleed or IPS glow. I have no idea if you will be satisfied, what do you plan to use it for? It's a cheap 1080p IPS monitor, it's good for say use in an office and maybe some light gaming. I wouldn't expect to be blown away unless you are upgrading from something much older with a lower resolution.

Reactions: alpree

alpree

Reputable
Apr 20, 2016
Well it's a 100 pound IPS panel I wouldn't expect a high quality monitor, it's good for the price. Backlight bleed will depend on the sample, from what I can see from reviews it does not seem to have major backight bleed issues. However when it comes to IPS panels there is always a chance you could get a sample with some bleed or IPS glow. I have no idea if you will be satisfied, what do you plan to use it for? It's a cheap 1080p IPS monitor, it's good for say use in an office and maybe some light gaming. I wouldn't expect to be blown away unless you are upgrading from something much older with a lower resolution.

I have 19,5 inch Asus TN monitor so it will be a huge uprage for me since I've just bought a new PC. I will use it mainly for 3d design and game developing along with watching movies everyday. I play games but 1-2 hours a day mostly, so I think this will be sufficient. As you can see I don't have much money left after the new PC, In the future I'll definitely buy 144Hz IPS.

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador
You will probably be happy with it. All the reviews are quite good. My first IPS monitor was an ASUS VS239H-P, which is also a pretty cheap IPS monitor. They likely use a very similar if not the same panel, I was very happy with that monitor considering it's price.

Reactions: alpree
Solution

alpree

Reputable
Apr 20, 2016

Thank you kind sir. Have a good life :)