Question ASUS 246 Pro Raid 1 setup

arlesterc

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2008
I have an ASUS WS 246 Pro. I want to setup a hardware mirror RAID 1 so that if I pull out one of the drives the system will still boot albeit in a 'degraded' fashion. I would like to hear from somebody out there who has done this as it seems to not work from the Asus instructions I have and Asus has not gotten back to me on this despite several attempts. If you have created a RAID 1 with this or similar Asus motherboard that let's you pull out a drive and the system will still run please provide me the steps so I can do the same.

arlesterc

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2008
I wrote:

I would like to hear from somebody out there who has done this as it seems to not work from the Asus instructions I have and Asus has not gotten back to me on this despite several attempts. If you have created a RAID 1 with this or similar Asus motherboard that let's you pull out a drive and the system will still run please provide me the steps so I can do the same.

So I have tried the instructions - I have read the manual. It doesn't work. That's why I was asking for someone who has done this. Have you done this? Again I want the RAID setup so that if I pull one drive - either boot drive - the system will still function. It doesn't work that way using the instructions from Asus. The point of my question was to find someone who had this working and could give me the config and the steps they took. In your setup please verify that if you pull one drive out the system will still boot and function. If so then please detail the steps you took and provide the config.

Thanks.