Question Asus 2T2R Antenna Problem

Jun 24, 2019
I have had this antenna on for my computer for like two years in a good computer, and it has worked really and im was playing with like 5 ping on games, but now it has got really bad and it takes like one minute for me to come in to youtube, and i play with like 250 ping on games, i dont really know what it depends on but i got som scratches on the cabel and you can see the metal wires.

waynakiama

Reputable
BANNED
Jun 22, 2019
I have had this antenna on for my computer for like two years in a good computer, and it has worked really and im was playing with like 5 ping on games, but now it has got really bad and it takes like one minute for me to come in to or youtube, and i play with like 250 ping on games, i don't really know what it depends on but i got som scratches on the cabel and you can see the metal wires.
There can be several causes for this, but the most common are overheating, bad RAM, and a failing hard drive or one without enough free space. You can use the windows tool to check your ram, and same for the hard drive with the disk check utility. For the overheating, you can use HwMonitor. I would normally link this for you but I’m on mobile atm.

Antenna are pretty simplistic devices. You should see much lower signal levels if they have a problem. It depends on if you remember what the signal levels where when it worked good. They may have been damaged but normally it is very obvious if you have a cable broken.

It could also be the nic card itself. Before you buy anything I would try some simple stick type antenna that you can connect directly to the card if you have some of these around.

You can buy similar antenna with 2 remote antenna for under $20 but if the card is source of the problem you have wasted the money. Those antenna where made back before 802.11ac was popular so your card may be kinda old anyway.